About This File
What's New in Version 0.4.0-alpha See changelog
As promised, today I'll present a BIG update to Concerto. The most notable changes are:
* Concerto is now licensed under the BSD-2-clause: You can use it in your own open AND closed source projects!
* The YM2151 is now integrated into Concerto. Freely combine VERA-PSG and YM2151 to create your sounds! You can even modulate the pitch of the YM2151!
* Reduced number of PSG oscillators per timbre from 6 down to 4 for lighter memory usage.
* Load/Save *named* single timbres and banks (i.e. the entirety of all 32 timbres that can be loaded at the same time). Filename editing made possible using code from the awesome VTUI library made by @JimmyDansbo.
* Factory sounds included (load bank "FACTORY" from SD card).
* Internal optimizations, the sound slightly changed compared to previous versions.
* Cleaned up UI from unused stuff
Disclaimer: I have NOT added support for the YM2151's internal LFO. For the time being, Concerto's own LFO can at least do vibrato, even though it doesn't sound as nice as with the native LFO (I guess), but let's keep things simple for now.
The last things I want to add before going v1.0 are automation of volume and vibrato (similar to the already implemented pitchbend).