About This File
If you have problems with the audio quality in the "Try it now", download and run in the offline emulator with the command line option "-abufs 12" or more.
The CONCERTO synthesizer is what I intend to be the sound generating side of a music making software for the Commander X16. It uses the 16 voices of the PSG and aims to get the very maximum out of them. It is not quite there yet but has a lot of strengths already. The main features:
- 32 synth patches
- 16 monophonic channels, each playing a dynamically assigned synth patch
- up to 6 oscillators per voice
- up to 3 envelopes and 1 LFO per voice
- pitch, volume and pulse width modulation
- volume control per voice ("velocity")
- save and load presets (currently 1 slot - yee!)
Features that are planned (for the sound engine):
- wavetables (à la MSSIAH)
- pitch bend
- dynamically assignable modulation (e.g. for influencing vibrato depth while playback)
- snappier envelope option
- somehow include the YM2151
- multi step envelope generator (MSEG)
I wanted to put this out here so that people can work with it, even though it is still far from finished. The reason is simple: I don't know if I will finish it and even if yes, I don't know when.
What can you do with it right now?
You can use the sound engine independently from the GUI, e.g. for playing music and/or sound effects in your game. You need to provide your own player at the moment, but the sounds are ready to be used by it.
You could also use the GUI and reprogram it to do something completely different, i.e. use it as a template for your own application.
For more information, look into the README and the source files and/or send me a PM.
If you find bugs, please let me know, or post an issue on GitHub.
What's New in Version 0.1.0-alpha See changelog
No changelog available for this version.