About This File
This is a game in progress. Gradually I'll update this game as it progresses, but currently this is a non-playable game.
You can find the complete code of this game here: X16_Code/cx16-spaceship at main · FlightControl-User/X16_Code (github.com)
You can try this game out in two ways:
- Download all files in a folder, and run the space.prg from that folder running x16emu -prg space.c -run.
- Download the X16.VHD into a folder, and run x16emu -sdcard x16.vhd. run the game by loading space.prg and run it.
What's New in Version 1.0.2 See changelog
Optimized the logic to:
- Load graphics with own graphics loading code, calling CBM kernal routines in the CX16.
- Created functions as part of the veralib.h to set the attributes of the vera sprites.
- Optimized the zeropage addressing to reduce the amount of zeropage used.
- Optimized the way the address is calculate from the dword address to set sprite addresses.
- Created cx16_load_ram_banked routine, that can load sprites directly into the banked ram of the CX16!
- Created cx16_ram_bank to select the bank of banked ram from A000 to BFFF.
- Created bnkcpy_vram_address function, to copy from CX16 banked ram (A000 to BFFF) directly into the vera VRAM.