About This File
This demo features 3D rendering to a 256x240@8bpp surface with full transformation calculation, texture mapping and per-pixel depth buffering. The model is a decimated Spot test model with 512 vertices, 1020 triangles and a 256x64 texture.
So, I wrote this just to get familiar with this system and figure out how to write and optimize a 3D math for it. Also, it would makes a nice reason for me to get up and do some coding streams, as shown here:
Only runs on r39 since I can't find documents for older versions. There's still bunch of incorrect pixels due to depth buffer precision problems.
- A/D - Move camera left/right
- W/S - Move camera up/down
- Q/E - Move camera backward/forward (Z value should be an unsigned number but the UI only displays signed numbers)
- J/L - Rotate left/right (yaw)
- I/K - Rotate up/down (pitch)
- U/O - Tilt left/right (roll)