About This File
X16 Edit is a text editor for the Commander X16 platform.
- Use plain text files
- Store text buffer in banked RAM (512KB to 2 MB)
- Handle large texts efficiently
- Simple modeless user interface inspired by GNU Nano
- Implement basic editing functions well - refrain from making the program too feature-rich
- Support both ISO and PETSCII modes
Tested with emulator version r38. Run with the following command:
- x16emu -sdcard sdcard.img -prg X16EDIT-x.x.x.PRG -run
where x.x.x is the program version.
You can also run the program with the "Try it now" button. There is, however, no attached disk in the online emulator, and consequently you cannot save or open files. Also, some of the Ctrl+key sequences are not working in the online emulator. To fully test the program you still need to download and run it locally.
Please read the attached file romnotes.pdf if you want to try the ROM version.
Source files available at https://github.com/stefan-b-jakobsson/x16-edit
Released under GNU General Public License v 3 or later.
What's New in Version 0.3.3 See changelog
Improved file handling function, implementing a directory listing viewer where the user may select a file to open or save.
Implemented an alternative entry point to the program that automatically loads a text file on startup. This feature may be used by other programs when starting the editor to make the user experience more smooth.