About This File
X16 Edit is a text editor for the Commander X16 platform.
- Use plain text files
- Store text buffer in banked RAM (512KB to 2 MB)
- Handle large texts efficiently
- Simple modeless user interface inspired by GNU Nano
- Implement basic editing functions well - refrain from making the program too feature-rich
- Support both ISO and PETSCII modes
Tested with emulator version r38. Run with the following command:
- x16emu -sdcard sdcard.img -prg X16EDIT-x.x.x.PRG -run
where x.x.x is the program version.
You can also run the program with the "Try it now" button. There is, however, no attached disk in the online emulator, and consequently you cannot save or open files. Also, some of the Ctrl+key sequences are not working in the online emulator. To fully test the program you still need to download and run it locally.
Please read the attached file romnotes.pdf if you want to try the ROM version.
Source files available at https://github.com/stefan-b-jakobsson/x16-edit
Released under GNU General Public License v 3 or later.
What's New in Version 0.1.0 See changelog
- Copy, cut and paste
- Search and replace
- Go to line number
- Auto indent
- Tab key behavior improved
- Memory usage function shows correct value, as returned by Kernal
- And of coarse, some minor bug fixes
This version suppports almost all features I originally planned for.
Roadmap to version 1.0:
I will try to include a simplified automatic word wrap and support for
Apart from that I will focus on cleaning up and making the code more
efficient and beatiful, fixing bugs, and making the user interface nicer.
If you try the program, please let me know if you encounter bugs. Please, also
let me know if the user interface language could be made clearer or better.�
English is after all a foreign language to me.
Have a great weekend.
- With version 0.1.0: