Jump to content

AndyMt

Members
  • Content Count

    179
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

AndyMt last won the day on April 5

AndyMt had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

166 Excellent

1 Follower

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. When I look at the latest board just posted a few hours ago: We can find a socket labeled "YM2151" at the bottom right. So I'm pretty sure the YM2151 will be in the final design - as is the VERA PSG/PCM. Personally I'm pretty pleased with that .
  2. Because that's version R38. If you want to develop for the upcoming R39, then you need to compile it yourself (or get it from someone else).
  3. I understood that there is no 3d calculations involved. But for Wipeout those might not be needed if we accept some limitations. The course would be pre-calculated (as is the demo) and the perspective would be fixed to a virtual observer following the player in the middle of the course. Tricky would be rendering the player and opponent pods... maybe Spites (ugly)? Or pre-calculated polygons for each object for let's say 10 different distances (more cpu cycles)?
  4. I'm really impressed by this, just wow ! A Wipeout style game could be in reach with the cx16. That's so impressive.
  5. ATARI 520 ST, back in the days around 1987: Piggybacking RAM chips on the existing ones to upgrade vom 512kB to 1024kB RAM. It was quite thrilling soldering all those chips and adding those wires to the MMU ... And it worked !
  6. This sounds familiar . I do something similar in Brixx and Invaderz for the laser sprites and explosions. The main player sprite and some others use fixed slots, though. I'm very much looking forward to the end result.
  7. Just press the "Try it now" button on the download page of the program . This will run it in the web based emulator in your browser.
  8. I'm seriously considering planning this! Right now both my games use slightly different variants of a lib for sprite handling and music - due to "historical reasons" and lessons learned. I want to migrate both to the same code base. Then I think it would be time to release it to the public.
  9. Yes, that's something I was looking at, too. And in the comments there were some references to the X16, so who knows...
  10. Thank you very much! I'm thrilled to see my games made it into the top spots . I took inspiration from "Chase Vault" when I started this, so thank you very much that you shared the code on GitHub. I'm still too embarrassed on my code quality, but I promise to share my repos when I've finally managed to clean up the mess. Both games were written mostly in C, but some parts in assembler, like the IRQ based soundfx and music player. To my surprise sprite/collision handling, controller and gameplay coding is possible in C, even though CC65 doesn't really optimize. Of course as you mentioned, it is important to be aware what the compiler will do with the code. So in my brain there is a "compiler" running in parallel while coding, to avoid performance issues. I'm sure on a C64 with it's 1MHz CPU this would have been impossible.
  11. I had the same question here: I settled into detecting which ROM version is present, here are the details:
  12. Almost certainly, as the controllers were moved from VIA#2 to VIA#1. I haven't looked into this at all as I don't have a game controller to test this with. Keyboard emulation works in the emu, though, I don't know how that's done.
  13. During the last few days I've spent a lot of time debugging my software in the emulator, running from an SD card (VHD file). This is because some things in the emulator behave differently when loading stuff from SD card instead of the host file system. Anyway: in Windows I found it quite fiddly to update the SD card VHD file for every debug cycle, so I came up with a solution to do speed things up. After a cc65 build I now only have to run a single cmd file which even puts the LOAD"MYPROGRAM.PRG" and "RUN" into the clipboard. Now I just have to press CTRL+V and the PRG is loaded and started. Prerequisites: VHD Attach tool (OSFMount wasn't flexible enough for this, but maybe someone else figures it out) an SD card VHD image (this is the one from the X16 github repo) X16-emulator install directory is added to the system PATH environment variable VHD Attach install directory is added to the system PATH environment variable compiled PRG and BIN files of your software are to be found in the "out" subdirectory Preparations: attach (aka mount) the vhd file once by right clicking and selecting "attach" note the drive letter which is assigned (in my case X:, it will stay the same) put a first set of your files into the VHD detach the VHD file (right click) Now create a batch or cmd file which does the following: attach the VHD file wait 2 seconds copy PRG and BIN files to the assigned drive letter wait 2 seconds detach the VHD file (so the emulator can use it) put the load command into the clipboard run emulator Here is a sample .cmd file I've used: VhdAttach.exe /attach test.vhd ping 127.0.0.1 -n 2 > nul copy out\*.PRG X:\ copy out\*.BIN X:\ VhdAttach.exe /detach test.vhd ping 127.0.0.1 -n 2 > nul (echo LOAD"INVADERZ.PRG",8 && echo RUN) | clip x16emu.exe -sdcard test.vhd -scale 2 -keymap de-ch Replace "test.vhd" with the filename of your VHD file, the PRG name with yours and also select the correct keymap parameter (or remove it). This saved me a lot of time, maybe it helps others, too.
  14. I've updated my Repo so now waitvsync() uses RDTIM instead of the TIMER memory address. This makes it compatible with more ROM versions, but also a bit slower. I'll change this back as soon as the TIMER address has settled. My cc65 repository: https://github.com/AndyMt/cc65
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use