Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

35 Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Great, certainly gives me a direction to head in! Thanks!
  2. Has anyone managed to compile the emulator on windows? If so do you want to share roughly how it was accomplished? There are a few issues that I can see; Setup of an environment to compile it. (Use VS or VSC?) And other prerequisites (libraries - mwing?) Setup X16 specific bits like the ROMs. Locate and change all directory specific code. (I see a few hard coded paths) Actually build it. (nmake, cl.exe??) Anything else? Is there a resource out there that can help? Couldn't find anything here or in the project's github.
  3. I completely forgot there was a web version. Genius!
  4. I know a few folks have a lot of experience with the emulator code. Has anyone using Windows managed to wrap it in a way that it can be called by a language like C#? Is the source amenable to that? (Abstractions that could make life easier?) Specifically I want to experiment with various functions within the X16 itself, but not have to build a UI in it as its considerably easier to do so in C# or other similar languages. If the emulator is wrapped so that the memory and state can be accessed and changed while it is running, it would yield a powerful way to experiment and develop ideas quickly. As I feel this will be asked; "but why don't you do this in C" : I don't know C, and the time it would take to learn makes this option redundant. If those who do know C and the emulator think its a easy enough task to turn it into a .dll, then I'll give it a stab. However, if they think it would be a huge lift, then I'll try another approach!
  5. Hello! I don't suppose anyone can recommend an audio convertor that can output data that the Vera can take, eg 12,207Hz 8bit audio. Tto something like a wav file so I can process it? Either a PC app, or on a website? The best I've found is around 16kHz. (or 16bit) Nothing where you can specify the sample rate \ bitrate exactly. Any suggestions?
  6. It might be easier to do this on your dev machine rather that on the C16 itself. For example I have a c# app that converts a PPM file into tiles\map asm files. It can be dropped into the build chain, makes life much easier.
  7. It's almost worth creating my own syntax with a simple transpiler over the amount of time I've spent hunting bugs where I missed out the '#' in a 'lda $xx'. If it wasn't for losing the syntax colouring in VSC, I'd probably have done it by now! Asm keywords are a bit archaic. Made sense back in the day, as you didn't want big source files. Not so much nowadays.
  8. If you're developing I guess you'll mostly be using the emulator, as the debugging experience is going to be better. That said eventually there are all sorts of possibilities. RMC's latest video gives some good examples of connectivity via an old (well new) Amstrad CPC.
  9. If you install 'ca65 Macro Language Support' you'll get syntax colouring and the like. The extension can add tasks to compile and link, but I prefer to do it all on f5 so I used the ps1 file. (Unless I'm missing something, its my first VSC project as well!) https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=tlgkccampbell.code-ca65
  10. I've uploaded the source. You'll need Visual Studio Code, cc65 and obviously the emulator. To build you'll need to edit build.ps1 to set your paths correctly. There's a C# Visual Studio project that calculates and creates the data tables for the background.
  11. Even simpler, its passive so takes no cpu. The palette offset for the background tiles is set at startup, and the 'pixels' themselves are a tile of solid colour from 1-8. (not zero!) So by only drawing the 'pixels' we get the transparent colour for free. (Set the Vera to step on by 2 bytes per write.) Below is a grab without the foreground layer which makes it more obvious. So all you need to do is create a overlay that lines up to the 8x8 tiles.
  12. Yazwho

    Spinning Intro

    Version 1.0.0


    Another small intro. Sadly still no audio. If only it wasn't so painful to debug audio and if I had any sort of musical talent... Thanks for looking! Spinner.zip
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use