New demo uploaded: Amiga Workbench highres 4colors

Amiga Workbench highres 4colors

View File

I needed a test program for the graphics routines in Prog8 that now also work in highres 4 color screen mode.

I thought it would be fun to replicate a classic Amiga Workbench desktop screen, using just the graphics drawing commands.

Note that the text font is actually the built-in iso charset. It is fairly similar to the Amiga's topaz font, so I just went with it and didn't bother to replicate the font pixel-perfect.
Also I didn't bother to make a nice white/red sprite mouse cursor, maybe I'll try to add this in a later version.

Here is a screenshot of a real Amiga workbench that I used as inspiration https://patric-sokoll.de/Museum/Computermuseum/Amiga_Kickstart/Amiga_Workbench_3.1_Vorschau.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

If you look closely there are 2 issues that I'd like to fix in a future version (but I'm not in a hurry):

- the circles are ovals because they always assume 1:1 pixel ratio, perhaps it is possible to draw ovals with different x/y ratios. Then again this "weird" resolution is not something we would encounter often on the commanderX16

- there are some problems in the line drawing code, certain diagonal lines are off by a pixel or so somehow. you can see this in the "scrollbar" up/down arrow buttons and in the Amiga "VV" logo. I don't know why this is happening yet.