X16 Visual Design Update Video

• Super Administrators

Hello Commandos! Here’s an update video all about the latest visual design aspects of the Commander X16. Regulars here will know some of this already but I hope you still enjoy it 👍🕹️

Your friend in retro, Perifractic 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Cool video,@Perifractic !
It's interesting that crowfunding would be arranged on X16 site. I heard this way has financial advantages.
But services like Kickstarter show new products in recomendations of other users. Would this be a disadvantage for X16 to miss such recomendations?

• Like 1

• Super Administrators
Cool video,[mention=3]Perifractic[/mention] !

It's interesting that crowfunding would be arranged on X16 site. I heard this way has financial advantages.

But services like Kickstarter show new products in recomendations of other users. Would this be a disadvantage for X16 to miss such recomendations?

We’ve thought about that naturally but that advantage comes for unknown brands. David has over a million subscribers so we feel publicity wouldn’t be an issue. [emoji106]🕹️

Perifractic, X16 Visual Designer

http://youtube.com/perifractic

• Like 5

This video brought me here. Thank you for that (and the contents of the video as well, of course)!

I did actually take a look at WASD's keyboard, the Deluxe keyboard and was very much impressed. Perifractic, I was also jubilant regarding the guides. My BASIC isn't nearly what it used to be, and I sorely miss the old manuals.

I'll download the emulator and see how that goes. Thanks for that video 🙂

• Like 2

I've been hovering at the periphery for, well, since David's first wishful video.  When I saw Adrian's prototype repair, I felt that this project was really going to come to fruition.  Thanks for the hard work.  I really like the lines of the design.  Great Job, Perifractic!

• Like 2

• Super Administrators
7 hours ago, Panda said:

I'm assuming the case comes with a power supply that supports both 110 and 240 Volts? Almost all the power supplies I sell in Australia have a voltage switch.

The answer is in the FAQ

That was a joy to watch, as always. Thank you!

I really do like the design choices going into the X16. The whole "modern retro" theme just feels right, not to mention you seem to know more about what I like than I do. haha

Seriously, aesthetics really are subjective, just look at my desk. So the fact that everything I have seen so far looks amazing to me, is just awesome. For me, it's not just a toy I want to play with, I want it to look good while doing it, and it's looking good.

:)

• Like 1

As an Antipodean Youtube media consumer over the last 5 years, I have developed a keen (Commander?!) interest in retro (and new) computer hardware.

Adrians Digital Basement, RMC, Retro Recipes, 8-Bit Guy, LGR just to name a few. Explaining Computers has also been a joy_______________ to watch 🙂

I am on the waitlist for the next batch of Pi400. Its sold out of course. Harder to get than a 3090 Graphics card....

Now when I saw the proposed Visual Design for the X-16... wow!!!!!!! - I want one and the keyboard too.

Kudos to the Peri Practical Fractical one.... You have nailed the look.

Expect Sony and Msoft bashing down your door for the visual design of the PS6 or Xbox XYZ

Best wishes to all the X-16 team. Outstanding work.

Edited by Ashwb
  • Haha 1