Anime, manga, anime games, anything related to them

I play Genshin Impact, and wish they'd make more animated episodes of Dragon Ball Super. Those are my big anime-related things these days, though I'm re-starting my Japanese studies, hopefully a bit more earnestly than before, and maybe I'll branch out into manga to practice and maintain my reading skills.

Although, somehow I consistently find time to rewatch various Ghost in the Shell-related material. I have a hankering to go back and rewatch Gasaraki, as well. I'd like to find new mecha-based material, but I've really lost the appeal for Gundam that I had as a youth. I want my mecha to be heavy, metal, and industrial, and to me the mecha designs in Gundam have gotten to where they all look like they're impractical as anything but plastic toys.

I haven't watched anything like that in a very long time, mid 90's, so over 25 years now. lol

However, back in the 80's one show hooked me, and I had no idea what "anime" was at the time. It was called Robotech, of course, I later found it it was originally Macross in Japan. I really enjoyed that series. I really liked the theme music, such a great score, and the fact the series was later remastered. When it originally aired, it was my favorite show on television.

Later I enjoyed the Guyver series, I even liked the live action film, all be it a corny film.

If you haven't noticed, the nickname I use to this day is from a manga based video game that I loved when it came out back in the late 80's. The Strider series across all platforms are some of my favorite all time games.

Not sure if you can count shows like Voltron, since it was really an adaptation from Japanese series, but I still really enjoyed it back then.

However, I have not really seen anything past the mid 90's. 

Edited by Strider

7 hours ago, StephenHorn said:

I play Genshin Impact, and wish they'd make more animated episodes of Dragon Ball Super. Those are my big anime-related things these days, though I'm re-starting my Japanese studies, hopefully a bit more earnestly than before, and maybe I'll branch out into manga to practice and maintain my reading skills.

Although, somehow I consistently find time to rewatch various Ghost in the Shell-related material. I have a hankering to go back and rewatch Gasaraki, as well. I'd like to find new mecha-based material, but I've really lost the appeal for Gundam that I had as a youth. I want my mecha to be heavy, metal, and industrial, and to me the mecha designs in Gundam have gotten to where they all look like they're impractical as anything but plastic toys.

I would recommend Kantai Collection.

• Like 1

My favorite animes of all times...

I'm big fan of Transformers, so:
- Transformers Headmasters
- Transformers Masterforce
- Transformers Victory
(together with all seasons of american Transformers G1 they make a great saga)

Eternal classics:
- Cowboy Bebop
- Trigun
- Outlaw Star
- Read or Die (OVA and TV)
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Hellsing

Action and performance:
- Redline
- Tiger and Bunny
- Space Dandy

Long runners:
- One Piece
- Hunter X Hunter (IMHO original one is better, but modern rerun covered more manga issues)
- Naruto
- Bleach
- Soul Eater
- Fairy Tail
- Galaxy Express 999
- Captain Harlock

Hi-tech:
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
- Battle Programmer Shirase

Relax:
- Azumanga
- Lucky Star

Could've missed something, but tried to remember the best of my taste.

Since a mentioned old school Transforners saga, I'll add chronology diagram, because it has a continuity diverge issue:

G1 Season 1
                                |
                      G1 Season 2
                                |
                      G1 Season 3
                      /                   \
   Headmasters           G1 Season 4
               |
    Masterforce
               |
          Victory
                |
            Zone

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyber said:

Just now remebered another good classic anime: Golden Boy. By the way first episode is about programming and it even mentions BASIC language. )

Though imagine an anime based on Commodore computers, including the C256 Foenix and the X16.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 6:42 PM, Cyber said:

Just now remebered another good classic anime: Golden Boy. By the way first episode is about programming and it even mentions BASIC language. )

PET - Wise, but strict male sensei

VIC-20: Joyful girl with loads of imagination, but when looking for something, she always took so long.

C64: Determined, no-nonsense man, but has soft spot, also VIC-20's best friend.

Plus/4: Workaholic male.

C128: C64's big brother, who is careless.

C65: C64's annoying little sister.

Amiga: Genius girl, a nerd. A bit too serious.

MEGA65: C65's twin, not as annoying as C65.

C256 Foenix: Musically talented man, overly confident.

X16: Rainbow haired girl with twintails, has psychic skills and powers, very creative, but like Amiga, she is too serious, but even more than Amiga.

How's the premise?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Cyber said:

Just adorable! Kawaii! ^_^

Oh and one more

MAX: C64's small brother, lazy.

KIM-1: A Shinto shrine maiden

Thanks! Who's your favourite/the one you admire the most?

Edited by xanthrou

On 2/18/2021 at 6:29 AM, Cyber said:

They all are nice, and they all complement each other. Let it be X16 girl. )

The reason why I gave her some sort of appearance (how she looks like) is because of Commander's butterfly logo.

How would the appearance of other characters be according to you?

10 hours ago, xanthrou said:

The reason why I gave her some sort of appearance (how she looks like) is because of Commander's butterfly logo.

How would the appearance of other characters be according to you?

Yeah, I got the resemblence between butterfly logo and twintails. )

I don't have that much imagination to create beautiful resemblence for other characters...

• Like 1

On 2/24/2021 at 6:12 AM, Cyber said:

Yeah, I got the resemblence between butterfly logo and twintails. )

I don't have that much imagination to create beautiful resemblence for other characters...

PET - Old man with long hair, long beard, huge mustache. Brown eyes.

MAX: Slighty chubby, short brown hair, wearing glasses, having blue eyes.

KIM-1: Black hair, gray eyes, wearing a kimono

VIC-20: Blonde girl with a ponytail, green eyes.

C64: Brown haired guy (short hair) with brown eyes.

Plus/4: A man with glasses, with a medium length black hair, blue eyes, wearing a suit. He has a very small mustache.

C128: The tallest of all, tan skinned,a man with long blonde hair, with gray eyes.

C65 and MEGA65: Pink hair, short, green eyes on C65, MEGA65 has gray eyes.

Amiga: Tan skinned girl, long black hair and blue eyes, wearing a hat and glasses, a hoodie as well.

C256 Foenix: A guy with a long blonde hair, wearing a suit (whom Plus/4 hates him for copying him), he has a beard as well.

X16: Like I said, tall girl with rainbow-colored hair with long twintails and blue eyes. She has... well, to put it out lightly, niche things for hardcore Commodore anime fans.

Edited by xanthrou

On 2/25/2021 at 6:27 AM, Cyber said:

Cool! Now you need an anime artist to make drawings based on these designs. )

I have two things to say: which one would you recommend me?

And second: being that the X16 girl would perhaps be the most popular, reiterating on earlier statement I'd say she would have... well, niche things for hardcore Commodore and/or general anime fans.

I don't know... Well, it would be cool to have a mascot for X16. I heard Puppyfractic might be featured in X16 manuals. But in my country IT guys are often associated with anime fans, so I would love if somebody would materialize twintail rainbow girl with X16 logos in drawing. 

We even have a meme based on real bash quote (translated from russian):

— Hello, is this an anime channel?
— Yes, it is.
— How do I patch KDE2 under FreeBSD?

And later came another bash qoute (translated from russian):

— Is this an anime channel?
— 
Yepyepyep, need a help with KDE?
— No, KDE configured. I need help with vim...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 7:46 AM, Cyber said:

I don't know... Well, it would be cool to have a mascot for X16. I heard Puppyfractic might be featured in X16 manuals. But in my country IT guys are often associated with anime fans, so I would love if somebody would materialize twintail rainbow girl with X16 logos in drawing. 

We even have a meme based on real bash quote (translated from russian):

And later came another bash qoute (translated from russian):

There's a game called 'kisekae' that can do that, but you need Adobe/HARMAN AIR to install first.