New game uploaded: Attack of the Petscii Robots (Shareware)

• Administrators

Attack of the Petscii Robots (Shareware)

View File

This is a shareware version of Petscii Robots.  It only includes 2 maps.  It also lacks SNES controls and the cheat-code.   It is also only presented in "color PETSCII" mode, as there hasn't been a version made yet with custom graphics and sound.  The music routine is a direct port from the PET, which only uses 1 square-wave voice.

PETFONT.PRG

• Like 16

• 1 year later...

How can I load PETSCII Robots into the emulator? I placed all the files in the root of the emulator folder but it is stuck at "LOADING TILES...", do I need to load the other things first? I also here the menu music when its stuck on the screen.

image.thumb.png.9a1637257ac7096a0c4f33dde4b3349d.png

Edited by matteodev

On 4/19/2022 at 1:20 AM, matteodev said:

ow can I load PETSCII Robots into the emulator? I placed all the files in the root of the emulator folder but it is stuck at "LOADING TILES...", do I need to load the other things first? I also here the menu music when its stuck on the screen.

Wg=hat version the emulator are you running? Hectorlabs is using R39

I ask because I've run the game on R38 without issue, but have yet to try R39. There were changes to some file loading stuff in the emulator between these two versions if I recall correctly. 

One can use the "Try it Now" function at https://www.commanderx16.com/emulator/x16emu.html?manifest=/emulator/156-attack-of-the-petscii-robots-shareware-/

• Super Administrators
On 4/19/2022 at 1:20 AM, matteodev said:

How can I load PETSCII Robots into the emulator? I placed all the files in the root of the emulator folder but it is stuck at "LOADING TILES...", do I need to load the other things first? I also here the menu music when its stuck on the screen.

image.thumb.png.9a1637257ac7096a0c4f33dde4b3349d.png

The game is likely not going to work on the R39 version of the emulator. Too much stuff has changed. You will need to download R38 from https://github.com/commanderx16/x16-emulator/releases/tag/r38 to run this.