dmc6502

Howdy from Dallas Texas

Glad to hear about the X16 project. I'm going to get busy with the emmulator and get back up to speed on 6502.

• Like 3

I will most definitely check that out (in the next 10 minutes). I discovered this amazing project literally yesterday, and I'm hooked.

• Like 3

I'd forgotten what it was like having the ability to just type in "PRINT 640 / 2 / 30" or something like that when figuring out some value to put into a line of BASIC code. The X16 project brought back stuff like that for me. Right now, I'm doing all of my stuff in cross-assembly/compilation but sometimes if I just want to check something, I pop up an emu and throw in a little BASIC to do a proof-of-concept - to make sure I understand correctly how such-and-such register operates.

• Like 1

What part of Dallas? I was born at Stephens Park Hospital (back when that was a thing; I'veheard it was no longer operational though I've not been there in years) and my family lived in Oak Cliff until 1979.

On 4/16/2021 at 4:15 PM, Scott Robison said:

What part of Dallas? I was born at Stephens Park Hospital (back when that was a thing; I'veheard it was no longer operational though I've not been there in years) and my family lived in Oak Cliff until 1979.

Well, technically I'm in Sachse, which is basically Garland.

3 minutes ago, dmc6502 said:

Well, technically I'm in Sachse, which is basically Garland.

I'd never heard of Sachse, but I see it's near Lake Ray Hubbard, so I've been near it numerous times without ever even realizing it!

That's not unusual. Lots of people have lived in Dallas their whole life and never heard of Sachse.

2 hours ago, dmc6502 said:

That's not unusual. Lots of people have lived in Dallas their whole life and never heard of Sachse.

And I moved to Utah in 1986, so it's been a few years. There's no doubt much I do not remember and more I would not recognize with as much as things change. Though I'm sure I-30 is still under perpetual construction. 🙂

11 hours ago, Scott Robison said:

And I moved to Utah in 1986, so it's been a few years. There's no doubt much I do not remember and more I would not recognize with as much as things change. Though I'm sure I-30 is still under perpetual construction. 🙂

I-30, 635, Hwy 121. All under perpetual construction. Already obsolete before construction began.

Posted (edited)

Welcome.

If it's pronounced "Saxy" then I hear about it.

I'm in the Plano area.

Edited by rje
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 8:43 AM, rje said:

Welcome.

If it's pronounced "Saxy" then I hear about it.

I'm in the Plano area.

Unofficial motto: 'Sachse is sexy'. Hint: it's not.

• Haha 1