New website feature: Try It Now button

• Super Administrators

I'm pleased to announce a cool new feature. When uploading (or editing) your program, you can now enable a Try It Now button. Here's an example with @SlithyMatt's excellent program, Chase Vault. Open the full program page to see the button:

Currently this supports PRG files, and they can be zipped or unzipped (we unzip them on the server).

Huge thanks to @MattGrandis & @SebastianVoges for their help getting this working!

Your friend in retro, Perifractic

• Like 3

It's actually playable... if you mute the sound. I don't know if the sound can be improved for the web emulator, but it comes out very "crunchy", like the avant garde industrial version of the theme music. I am very pleasantly surprised, however, that it appears to be playing at full speed with perfect graphics, which I had not seen before on the web, and frankly didn't think was possible. Maybe perfect sound is possible, too? Either way, amazing work!

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 11:43 PM, Perifractic said:

Thanks! 

@SebastianVoges any ideas about the web emulator sound sir?

Sorry, missed this, I have not looked to closely into the sound issue (other then getting it to work again, even though it sounds a bit experimental) . But it's definitely on the list of things i want to do. https://github.com/commanderx16/x16-emulator/issues/271

• Like 1