Really, Forums?

20 hours ago, Scott Robison said:

image.png.6f430030d8ba09383618521130d8add0.png

That makes no sense to me. More posts and comments are just fine, but reactions which take up less space and time, that's a step too far! 🙂

Too many people being too nice to others. Can't have that!

• Haha 1

In more fraught forums where subgroups are playing games with "voting up" posts of their group and "voting down" posts of "opposing groups", those kind of quotas can help interfere with a range of piling on strategies.

In this forum, it seems like it's not neeeded (though perhaps that's assuming that pro and anti X8 gangs do not form!).

9 hours ago, BruceMcF said:

(though perhaps that's assuming that pro and anti X8 gangs do not form!).

Oooh, the "Pros", and the "Antis".  Not the first political rift here!

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 9:49 AM, Scott Robison said:

Fortunately there isn't a really "negative" reaction (as I interpret "negative" from the available options) in this forum.

I plan to post a GIF of that soccer hooligan kid giving the middle finger in place of a downvote.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/25/2021 at 10:49 PM, Scott Robison said:

Fortunately there isn't a really "negative" reaction (as I interpret "negative" from the available options) in this forum.

There is that "sad" one that is a bit ambiguous ... it could be a reaction to bad news, but it could also be a negative reaction to a person for posting something so foolish / uninformed / UNKEWL / etc.

But, no, since there is no downvote and no "post hiding" resulting for net negative reaction on a post, the kinds of situations the reaction quota is for doesn't tend to happen on this forum.

Edited by BruceMcF
  • Like 1