ANSI Art

Looking for 40 char PETSCII or IBM era 80 col color fare?

If the latter, there are BBSes still online via telnet tunnel, some very impressive. If you are after some sweet CBM ASCII, I recorded two images awkwardly into a terminal emulator I developed 35 yrs ago and during the early days of the lockdown, I pulled them off am old Verbatim floppy. (lo-budget though... so low, it’s ‘lo’)

Share the name of it so that anyone reading the thread can make one.

If you're going to release it as a software you maybe want some things like a Waiting for Call screen and various intro screens maybe even an intro screen randomizer.

On 10/1/2021 at 2:35 AM, john_e79 said:

Share the name of it so that anyone reading the thread can make one.

If you're going to release it as a software you maybe want some things like a Waiting for Call screen and various intro screens maybe even an intro screen randomizer.

Once I have more than just a connection screen and some account functionality, I'll be happy to post about it. It'll be open source when I do!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 2:56 PM, SomeGuyInNH said:

Once I have more than just a connection screen and some account functionality, I'll be happy to post about it. It'll be open source when I do!

I found an interesting little relic tonight I found the 2.10 version of oBlivion/2 for DOS that's got a scrolly on the right side for the Waiting for Call screen on some site that had some old OS/2 BBS files and things. Years ago I was talking to someone about oBV/2 they said they lost the code b/c it was put in an encrypted zip and they lost the password, but the EXE is still around it's about 181k. I got it somewhat working in Dosbox with some fiddling.

Just including a screenshot here b/c it's neat-o.

They had some interesting things like using an Ansi for part of the screen as a "menu" and another Ansi as a "prompt."

Screenshot (353).png

• Like 1