Mystery Package

Scott Robison

My wife loves Amazon. Rarely a day goes by we don't get a package (or so it feels to me). My job is to bring them in from the porch and put them in the house. Her job is to eventually get around to opening them and putting them away. It is the way of the universe.

Tonight she is opening the last few days / weeks / months (it's a blur) of deliveries and calls out "your Star Trek comm thing came!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Your Star Trek comm thing you ordered."

I ordered nothing. She brings it to me.

image.png.c172aa7e7a8cc958eaa2e51d19c88eb6.png

Looks pretty cool. I'm a huge fan of Trek. Even bad Trek is better than no Trek. But I did not order it.

"Oh, thanks, I didn't know you'd ordered this." My birthday is Halloween so I assume she is just giving it to me as an early gift and I misunderstood who she claimed ordered it.

But she didn't order it.

So either I have started ordering things in my sleep, or she has ordered so much stuff she can't remember what she's ordered. I think the latter is more likely than the former.

I went to find the original box it arrived in. Box is empty. As I toss it away I notice a little tiny white corner of a piece of paper hiding under the folded cardboard that makes the bottom of the box. I pull it out and see that it is just an Amazon packing slip.

Wait! Another tiny white corner bit of paper. I pulled it out and it is a gift slip. Okay, that at least answers part of the mystery.

I look down again and find yet another tiny white corner bit of paper.

Apparently in a past life this box and packing material identified as Kleenex.

I pull it out. A nice note from some friends who sent me a birthday gift.

That was odd. I should do an unboxing video on YouTube like all the cool YouTubers do.

• Like 2

I'm a huge Trek fan, and if that showed up in the mail for me, I would be rocking it all day long. 😆

We get those random scam packages in the mail a lot, well my wife does. Where they send you something you didn't order just so someone can post a false positive review. They are never anything I am interested in. lol

Also, like x16tial, I want one! Yes, unbox it and try it out, let us know how it works!

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 10:27 AM, Strider said:

I'm a huge Trek fan, and if that showed up in the mail for me, I would be rocking it all day long. 😆

We get those random scam packages in the mail a lot, well my wife does. Where they send you something you didn't order just so someone can post a false positive review. They are never anything I am interested in. lol

Also, like x16tial, I want one! Yes, unbox it and try it out, let us know how it works!

I wound up subbing for my wife at school yesterday, so I wore it with a Starfleet command cap and academy T-shirt and varsity jacket. An actual uniform would have been too showy. And I don't have one. 🙂

Anyway, it works okay. Bluetooth is awesome and the chirps in lieu of ringing are great. The internal speaker is not great, but functional enough in a quiet environment. Would not recommend for a red alert environment. 😄

• Like 1

Nice!

I would totally wear one at work. It's a healthcare environment, so it's almost always quiet, especially in my office area. 😁

I have a TNG hoodie I wear all the time, it's my favorite one, and it shows. I'm in need of a new one, the pockets and elastic around the cuffs are getting stretched form so much use. Very comfy, and plenty of room to add my own badge. lol

This is not me, but this is the one I have. My wife got it for me back when ThinkGeek was still around if I remember correctly.

Star-Trek-Uniform-Hoodies.jpg.1000400dee3aa36b61ea7301b4489f3b.jpg

On 10/30/2021 at 12:08 PM, Strider said:

Nice!

I would totally wear one at work. It's a healthcare environment, so it's almost always quiet, especially in my office area. 😁

I have a TNG hoodie I wear all the time, it's my favorite one, and it shows. I'm in need of a new one, the pockets and elastic around the cuffs are getting stretched form so much use. Very comfy, and plenty of room to add my own badge. lol

This is not me, but this is the one I have. My wife got it for me back when ThinkGeek was still around if I remember correctly.

I have that one too, though mine just hangs off of me. My wife bought it for me years ago before gastric bypass surgery. After my weight loss she bought me a couple varsity jackets from Thinkgeek as well. Also not me:

I think this t-shirt just came from some Amazon shop.

Amazon.com: Star Trek Starfleet Academy Earth Mens Long Sleeve Shirt :  Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry

I hate how pasted images size in this forum...