R39 coming soon?

• Super Administrators
Posted (edited)

Agreed... it would be nice to get a binary. I compiled a Windows binary a while back (not sure where it is right now), but I have no ability to issue a release on the Git page. I also hesitate to put a non-compatible release out there that might have symbols in different locations. Regardless, in my testing, R39 has worked mostly fine. The only differences I noticed were the new location of the bank registers (0/1, rather than the CIA address.)

@Michael Steil I can't remember... are you managing the emulator, or was that someone else? What would it take to cut a new release so folks can test and update their programs against the current board config?

In the meantime, you can preview R39 from here: https://www.commanderx16.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1154

Just be aware that this is a pre-release build, and do not replace your current working copy with this one. Instead, install it in its own directory on your hard drive, so you don't end up not being able to run existing software. 

Edited by TomXP411
  • Thanks 1