DIY Electronics, Tools, and other Projects.

Strider

I'm a huge fan of good old buttons, switches, and knobs.  🙂

Most of these USB scopes are relativity cheap becasue just about everything is done in software on your computer. No buffer memory, no hardware triggering, etc. The "scope" literally just captures the data and sends it to the software for absolutely everything else if I'm not mistaken. So they are obviously not as good as a "real" scope, but they get the job done, and are easy on the wallet. For my needs, its more than good enough, even with it's limitations, and  it fits my limited workspace!

This is the video that got me to finally buy one...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have two oscillicopes from Keysight (their cheapest series); one 2 ch 200 MHz scope and one 4 ch 70 MHz scope. Both have build in AWG which I like and think is very useful.

InfiniiVision 1000 X‑Series Oscilloscopes | Keysight

For DMM I have several Fluke hand helds (industry standard) and Brymen (just as good as Fluke, but for 1/3 of the price). I also have a current clamp from Fluke and one from Appa.

Brymen – BRYMEN Technology Corporation

For small portable pocket DMM I have a Sanwa PM300 and a Kyoritsu KEW 1019R. Love them both! 💕

For soldering I have an old Ersa and an even old Pace solder station, but they will soon be complemented with a new JBC CDEB.

CDEB - Soldering-Assistant Station (jbctools.com)