Hello everyone!

I live in Kalmar, in the southeastern part of Sweden. As a kid I dreamed of making my own C64 games in assembly code. But I didn’t really get anywhere. I found it hard to learn the language, lacked the necessary books and had noone to ask. With the CX16 it feels like I’ve got a new chance to fulfill my dreams. It sounds a bit silly, I know.

I am a minister in the Swedish Church and I can truly say that there are few people I know that understand and appreciate retro computers. Actually there are quite few people interested in computers at all. Therefore I really appreciate this community, it is inspiring and motivating, and I have got help more than once from some of you knowledgeable and helpful experts : ). 

I hope that I can - at least in the long run - contribute with some software. Programming is really fun but I have sometimes hard to find the time for it. Keep watch for Rally Speedway 2020 this fall though, I hope for at least v 0.5...

• Like 7

I forgot one thing! It would be great if there would be a Commander X16 conference some time in the future with both a software and a hardware section. Maybe it could be a part of some annual retrocomputer conference in the US that already exists

• Like 2

I forgot one thing! It would be great if there would be a Commander X16 conference some time in the future with both a software and a hardware section. Maybe it could be a part of some annual retrocomputer conference in the US that already exists
Nice idea! I dare say it will be represented in one way or another at future conventions.

1 hour ago, Johan Kårlin said:

I suggest that we sit down and arrange something for Skaane and Denmark? Just like SSLUG (Skaane/Sealand Linux User Group) was/is the largest linux usergroup in Scandinavia, SSCX16UG might be the first and largest usergroup in Scandinavia, maybe even northern Europe 😉

On 7/19/2020 at 7:04 AM, Johan Kårlin said:

As a kid I dreamed of making my own C64 games in assembly code. But I didn’t really get anywhere. I found it hard to learn the language, lacked the necessary books and had noone to ask. With the CX16 it feels like I’ve got a new chance to fulfill my dreams. It sounds a bit silly, I know.

I hope that I can - at least in the long run - contribute with some software. Programming is really fun but I have sometimes hard to find the time for it. Keep watch for Rally Speedway 2020 this fall though, I hope for at least v 0.5...

Welcome, Johan!  I'm in the "same boat" as you.  I wanted to write games in the 80s, but didn't have a lot of resources. 

As for it being silly.  Maybe we can consider it a kind of therapy.

Great to hear! It is partly because of all people like you and me that share the interest and passion that I got inspired to start learning and programming.