Sign in to follow this  
DusanStrakl

New game uploaded: Crazy Tetrominoes

I gave it a first spin: really like it 🙂, good job! It's fun to see what you can do with PETSCI based graphics.

Also thanks for your extensive documentation on your blog. It's worth a read!

It seems to crash in the web emulator. Are you aware of any problems with the emulator or is that something we need to check with our hosted version?

I don't see the "Try Now" button (but with other downloads), so I could not try it with the web-emulator. I downloaded it and ran it with the Windows emulator.

It does work in the web emulator if you copy and paste the BASIC source into the code panel.

Though, I did notice that if you hit the spacebar to speed up the fall, it gets "stuck" in fall mode for a few pieces even after you release the spacebar. I haven't tried in on the regular emulator yet to see if the same behavior exists there. But otherwise, it looks and works great on the web! Even the PSG sound effects come through clear.

I've activated the button now so you all can see what happens. The emulator tries to start the program with a SYS command which leads to a crash.

I'm guessing it's because it's a text file and not actually an encoded BAS file, and the web emulator is probably loading it like a PRG instead of using the -bas command line option.

• Like 2

I agree - I assume you would first have to paste the code into the editor, use "save" and then upload the .bas file?

1 minute ago, AndyMt said:

I agree - I assume you would first have to paste the code into the editor, use "save" and then upload the .bas file?

That does allow the program to be run using -prg and -run.

Posted (edited)

We should tell the author 🙂. So he can attach the source as a separate file, too. And knows what to do next time.

Edited by AndyMt

Thanks for the help guys. I was totally oblivious of the discussion going on here. I did notice yesterday that Try It button was not there and saw it is there now and working perfectly but had no idea what was happening in the background 🙂

Of course I uploaded it late yesterday and today I was totally under water with work so that is my excuse.

Next time I will make sure to upload BASIC encoded files.

Cheers,

Dusan

• Like 7

Thanks Sebastian. Interesting, I had this problem when I started writing it but then I thought I fixed it and didn't see it while testing (e.g. playing) it anymore. Will try to reproduce and fix.

Dusan