Gernreich

Ben Eater series on 65C02 Breadboard computer

Just finished going through Ben Eater's whole series on the 65C02 Breadboard computer.  I am totally going to get his kits to make one.  I find it so cool that it uses the 65C02, the same that will be in the X16!

P.S. hope this is the right non-X16 forum if not please let me know 🙂

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Gernreich said:

Just finished going through Ben Eater's whole series on the 65C02 Breadboard computer.  I am totally going to get his kits to make one.  I find it so cool that it uses the 65C02, the same that will be in the X16!

P.S. hope this is the right non-X16 forum if not please let me know 🙂

I've seen the majority of them, yes they are brilliantly explained. i wonder if he is lurking on this board just to see how X16 is coming along?

Agreed he explains them very well for me.  I would not be surprised if he is interested in this project 🙂

Even though the series is complete I believe the last few software videos are still building on this same hardware.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 6:40 PM, desertfish said:

He's a master at bending and clipping those breadboard wires 🙂

No kidding.  They guy's breadboards are immaculate and ordered.  Amazing.

I can't believe that I never heard of this chap but I just took the plunge and bought his Timer and 6502 kits and I can't wait to get started.  (thanks for the link). He truly has a gift in the way that he walks through and builds up the concepts and theory of operation.

As soon as I get it working as prescribed, #1 for me is to procure the famous YM2151 that I've been hearing so much about and see what I can conjure up.

If you have not yet seen it, have a look at the 'worlds worst video card' (non-card) and be amazed. 

that video card of his is truly one of the highlights of his channel in my opinion 🙂  

The whole series about the 6502 computer on a breadboard is very cool too but I was really amazed by the video card ones

• Like 2

that video card of his is truly one of the highlights of his channel in my opinion   
The whole series about the 6502 computer on a breadboard is very cool too but I was really amazed by the video card ones
Yeah! Me too. )

Going to start with  the 6502 as well. In fact, I heard of the 8-bit guy from Youtube recommendations after watching Ben Eater videos.