Hello from London.

Internet74

XI started watching 8 bit guy videos without a clue regarding retro computers and got hooked. No writing code skillsets yet, but hope to build a Commander X16 based system & learn more from there. From the info i have so far i'm not sure if CX15 will be a way to run a midi set up like with the Amiga's, but that would be an ideal focus for me.

Best wishes all.

• Like 1

• Super Administrators
On 7/23/2022 at 6:14 PM, Internet74 said:

XI started watching 8 bit guy videos without a clue regarding retro computers and got hooked. No writing code skillsets yet, but hope to build a Commander X16 based system & learn more from there. From the info i have so far i'm not sure if CX15 will be a way to run a midi set up like with the Amiga's, but that would be an ideal focus for me.

Best wishes all.

Greetings and welcome.

The computer will not have a built-in MIDI port, but there are plans to build add-on cards. Among other things, there will be a breadboard card, which someone could use to build a MIDI interface using a 6850 ACIA. As that's the chip used in most Commodore MIDI interfaces, it should be pretty straightforward to translate that to the Commander.