Sign in to follow this  
SlithyMatt

C64 Bass

She has another video which delves into the build details, FPGA use, how the SID chip is wired in (no, this is not a full working C64); have a look for that (it may have come up in the 'recommended').  As with some of the stringed instrument to Midi converters and even some of the analog octave pedals, tracking is a challenge especially at lower frequencies.

For those that don't know, Jeri developed the HW platform for that retro joystick housed emulator/game player that Mammoth Toys sold on QVC sold some years ago (2005 I think).  I met her in San Rafael across numerous Pacific Pinball Expos a few years back.  If you are into Make'ing, I recommend following her.

That's really neat. Better than anything I ever conceived. 😛

I learned how to "mod" starting at a young age, learning from my dad who was huge into fixing old school electronics (TV's, radios, HAM's, CB's, Etc.). I got in trouble so many times for taking things apart around the house, but from that, I learned a lot. Back before Google, if I wanted to know what something was, I would ask dad. If he didn't know, we had our local Radio Shack where the owner was a guy he went to school with and was an electronics wiz. Used to love that place, especially those old electronic project kits, and all the bins of parts. There was something cool about drawing out your circuit pattern on a PCB, submerging it in acid, and having a board with all your traces when you were done. Then drilling the holes of course. So much fun.

Like so many things, I just don't have the time these days. 🙂