desertfish

"try it now" doesn't work if you upload multiple versions with the same filename

For instance

I've uploaded multiple iterations of the program with the same filename and the Try it now no longer works. It used to work fine when there was just the first version.

The old versions are still there even if you "delete" them in the current file space. You can always browse the history to retrieve those old versions, so deleting them when uploading updates is the proper process.

6 hours ago, desertfish said:
For instance

I've uploaded multiple iterations of the program with the same filename and the Try it now no longer works. It used to work fine when there was just the first version.

@MattGrandis any ideas about this sir?

...deleting them when uploading updates is the proper process.

I'd respectfully disagree with this. It's good to have all versions available rather than delete them (that's why the feature is there). Let's see if we can figure out why Try It Now is failing.

1 minute ago, Perifractic said:

I'd respectfully disagree with this. It's good to have all versions available rather than delete them (that's why the feature is there). 

That was my point, that the old versions are still there, just not part of the current download version. You can't actually permanently delete anything from Downloads without admin intervention.

That was my point, that the old versions are still there, just not part of the current download version. You can't actually permanently delete anything from Downloads without admin intervention.
Ah when you said "deleting them" was the proper process I read that as you recommended deleting them (by an admin or whoever). Glad we sorted that out
  • Like 1