SlithyMatt

Alice in Wonderland for the 2600

One of my newest projects is a homebrew game for the Atari 2600: Alice in Wonderland.

If anything makes you appreciate the power and speed of the X16, it's 2600 development!

I have a new demo video of the game on YouTube: 

This game will be free and open source and you can check it out on GitHub right now:

https://github.com/SlithyMatt/vcs-alice

• Like 4

Very cool. I don't have a working 2600, but I'll try it emulated 🙂

Just as a production note, your microphone is clipping. Maybe a little further away from your mouth.

11 minutes ago, mrdoornbos said:

Just as a production note, your microphone is clipping. Maybe a little further away from your mouth.

Yeah, it's the built-in mic of my laptop, and it was not behaving nicely when I recorded. I just need to re-adjust the gain, but I didn't want to shoot this one a second time!

One of my newest projects is a homebrew game for the Atari 2600: Alice in Wonderland.
If anything makes you appreciate the power and speed of the X16, it's 2600 development!
I have a new demo video of the game on YouTube: 
[/url] This game will be free and open source and you can check it out on GitHub right now:
https://github.com/SlithyMatt/vcs-alice
Very cool! You know I loved this game and bought it for the C64 when I was about 12.
(9:15)
  • Like 1

Interesting to follow. There is something special about limited resources. Despite the simplicity - when Alice reaches the bottom of the hole  I find myself immediately wondering about what will come next :  ).

• Like 1