Strider

What "Modern" Games Do You Play?

On 11/28/2020 at 6:58 PM, Strider said:

I love the long running MMOs.

Of course, I don't have the time to invest in such a game

Star Wars: The Old Republic may be of interest to you, you can play 8 well-written class stories plus 2 expansions for free, and solo, so you can dip in and out as you desire.

• Like 1

Recently started Shenzen IO from Zachtronics after finishing Exapunks. I love the "print your own feelies" approach they have.

http://www.zachtronics.com/shenzhen-io/

Also have Wasteland 3 still lying her. I made a bare map for WL3 from the resource files in 8-bit style and plan to fill it in over the course of my play.

And the third of the new Shadowrun games (Hong Kong). I stopped chasing the high framerate hungry kind of games a few years ago which made upgrading my PC so much cheaper :-)

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 4:27 PM, Ffin72 said:

Star Wars: The Old Republic may be of interest to you, you can play 8 well-written class stories plus 2 expansions for free, and solo, so you can dip in and out as you desire.

I have looked at it several times, seeing as I am a huge Star Wars fan. May have to check it out again. 🙂

Though recently, I have been playing a lot more "retro" games than anything else. Now that I have my Raspberry Pi (RetroPie) setup and configured how I want it, I got all the controllers I want, I have spent more time on that than my actual desktop PC. lol

On 12/12/2020 at 11:27 PM, Ffin72 said:

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Isn't that the one where a community patched a lot of cut content back in?

On 2/8/2021 at 12:51 PM, Falken said:

I think that was the single player "Knights of the Old Republic" game... but I may be mistaken. I know there are unofficial community patches for that one. 🙂

On 2/8/2021 at 6:51 PM, Falken said:

I think you're thinking of KotOR II.

I play Animal Crossing New Horizons daily (10-15 minutes a day). Played all the versions since Gamecube. Started playing the game back in the day because I read it was similar to Little Computer People...

And the masterpiece that is The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild on the weekends. What a wonderful game.

Not much other than that. Maybe I fire OpenEmu from time to time on my Mac if I want to play some old arcade, or old game...

Rocket League. About 20 hours a week for the past 2 years. I'm rather obsessed.