Sign in to follow this  
EMwhite

All I want for Christmas...

My teeth are crap but I still don't want new teeth.  I want an X16 and I know that I'm not getting one this year : (

I've kept myself distracted and been (more or less) a good person this year.  I have a C16 that I'll mount to the wall while I'm off this week along with my C128 (already mounted to the wall).  Don't ask.  I'm also thinking about buying an Ultimate 64 to squeeze into an SX-64 case.  Not sure it will be as satisfying as I think it might be.

I'm also expecting delivery of a repo Rev 0 Apple II mother board that I plan on populating bit by bit (get it?!) so I suppose that will take up my spare time.

But really really just want an X16 so I can dive into it and spend every spare moment writing new code for this new and wonderful machine.  

Maybe by my Birthday, we will hear news.

What are you buying yourself this year?

I'm an entirely selfless person, so the Switch and the awesome Technic Lego Corvette I bought are totally for my kids, and their enjoyment alone.

I've got myself a copy of C64 Programmer's Reference Guide and a new Monsters joystick. I'm planning on buying an Ultimate II+, a copy of Sam's Journey and a USB composite video capture. With these items it'll be a lot easier to use my breadbin.

Much like @EMwhite, I'm eagerly waiting for X16 🙂

I'm also considering spending my Christmas bonus on either an Ultimate II+, or an Ultimate 64 board.

When I rescued my C64 out the trash, there were also two empty breadbin cases in there - no board, just the keyboard with top and bottom shells. So it needs a board to go in it, right Why not an Ultimate 64?

...well, because they're over USD$200.  Money well spent on such an excellent design, but on the other hand maybe I should save that money and put it in my X16 jar.  I don't want to be caught short when the Kickstarter launches.

I think I managed to get most everything I was interested in.

A new soldering iron and magnified clip-on soldering lamp, a couple 8BitDo SN30Pro wired controllers and a Mayflash F101 arcade stick for my "retro" gaming and RetroPie (Raspberry Pi 3B+). My wife also got me a smart watch with health monitoring, been wanting one of those for a while. Along with some other more "normal" things.

I also got a C64 Mini, been having a lot of fun playing with that too.

We can't forget the beer and beef jerky gift basket, somewhat of a tradition gift (along with one of those 3 flavor popcorn tins) that my wife gets me. :)