geekpower

Hello from the wilds of Maine, USA

Hello my fellow retronauts. I am extremely excited about this project and have been since David first mentioned it. I built a 6502-based computer and OS a few years ago and found it to be one of the most exciting projects I've ever undertaken. So very excited to see how this progresses. 

Cheers,

Daniel

• Like 2

“Fill the steins to dear old Maine” and welcome. I’m a Maine native living now in the land of Live Free or Die.

1 hour ago, geekpower said:

Hello my fellow retronauts

Welcome! Just so you know, our preferred collective noun is "Commandos", but I assure you most of us are wearing underwear. Or, at least a respectable percentage.

• Like 1

Picosecond, it's always a pleasure to meet fellow New Englander, though I must admit that I'm originally from New Orleans, so I'll always be "from away."

And SlithyMatt, thank you for the clarification. Commandos is just fine. And I think I'm wearing unmentionables today. But it's hit or miss in these times.

Peace,

Daniel

• Like 2

3 hours ago, geekpower said:

And I think I'm wearing unmentionables today. But it's hit or miss in these times.

We're all doing the best we can.

Welcome geekpower. I'm interested in learning about your own project from years back. Do you have a youtube channel?

I'm a permanoob so I'll interject to ask questions and be annoying.

Calcmandan, it's a pleasure to meet you here. I don't have a YouTube channel, but I'm happy to share info about my project. Your post actually got me thinking about posting info about it on my blog or website. I did develop a nifty keyboard controller that allowed my homebrew to use a C64 keyboard. It had a little pic microcontroller and a few shift registers. Very simple, but it made the code on the 6502 much simpler.

Are you a pilot? I fly a 1962 Cherokee PA28-160.

Calcmandan, it's a pleasure to meet you here. I don't have a YouTube channel, but I'm happy to share info about my project. Your post actually got me thinking about posting info about it on my blog or website. I did develop a nifty keyboard controller that allowed my homebrew to use a C64 keyboard. It had a little pic microcontroller and a few shift registers. Very simple, but it made the code on the 6502 much simpler.
Are you a pilot? I fly a 1962 Cherokee PA28-160.
Sweet. I love reading about homebrew projects.

Anything having to do with microcontrollers is cool, so post a link for your blog.

Yeah I fly a 1974 bellanca super viking.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk