Tip: Blocking spammers — 'add foe' on their profile

kelli217

Tip: Blocking spammers — 'add foe' on their profile

Post by kelli217 »

While I'm sure that our moderation team will soon deal with the latest little bit of spam from someone who seems to think that this is a sportsball forum, I'd also like to point out that the "Add foe" function on that individual's profile page serves as a block function, plonk list, whatever you want to call it.

It could also be useful if we get another fixated individual who isn't doing anything that would get them banned, but you just don't want to see their posts anymore.
Edmond D

Re: Tip: Blocking spammers — 'add foe' on their profile

Post by Edmond D »

Thanks for the tip. The moderators have done an excellent job since I've not seen any sportsball spam, despite checking the forum too frequently daily. :shock:
TomXP411

Re: Tip: Blocking spammers — 'add foe' on their profile

Post by TomXP411 »

Edmond D wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:41 am Thanks for the tip. The moderators have done an excellent job since I've not seen any sportsball spam, despite checking the forum too frequently daily. :shock:
I don't think it was up very long. There were 3 messages by the same person, all of which Kelli flagged.

I made a couple of changes to the new user settings, requiring more posts to get out of "new user" status, for example. We don't get much spam, and I'm in here at least twice a day, so it's definitely not going to take over the forums. =)