Synth Keyboard in BASIC

Talk about your programs in progress. Discuss how to implement features, etc.
Forum rules
This section is for testing Commander X16 programs and programs related to the CX16 for other platforms (compilers, data conversion tools, etc.)

Feel free to post works in progress, test builds, prototypes, and tech demos.

Finished works go in the Downloads category. Don't forget to add a hashtag (#) and the version number your program was meant to run on. (ie: #R41).
Poe

Synth Keyboard in BASIC

Post by Poe »

This is my first program I've written in BASIC and the first application I've written that runs on an 8-bit machine, so I really enjoyed doing it.

It mostly allows the user to use their keyboard to call the FMPLAY command a lot. It's not very good as a proper instrument. :? It can only play one note at a time, it's not very responsive, and it lags in between notes. But it's seems to be stable and running without any errors. I think it'll help new users like me discover what all the various instruments you can load onto the YM2151 sound like.

I made it using the BASLOAD utility, so a big thank you goes out to Stefan who I understand is the author of BASLOAD. Very exciting to learn that tool was available so I could forget about managing line numbers all the time :lol: .

The source code can be found here:
https://github.com/aalexander05/x16-basic-synth

Try It Now!
Attachments
SYNTH.PRG
(7.06 KiB) Downloaded 1335 times