Otter variant owner from Sultan, WA

Come in and say hi. Let us know a little about you and where you heard about the Commander X16 or this forum.
UnaClocker

Otter variant owner from Sultan, WA

Post by UnaClocker »

Hey guys! I’m from the Seattle area, Sultan to be specific. Just got an Otter X16 over the weekend and assembled it myself. Working like a champ. Been wanting one of these since the day the 8 bit guy announced his dream.
I have my board in a standard MicroATX case for the time being, which just dwarfs the tiny Otter board. But the case I plan to put it into doesn’t arrive from the Kickstarter I bought it from for another two or three months. So at least this case will keep it safe in the meantime.
Attachments
IMG_6813.jpeg
IMG_6813.jpeg (3.57 MiB) Viewed 576 times
Wavicle

Re: Otter variant owner from Sultan, WA

Post by Wavicle »

If you're looking for a reasonably priced case in short order, I can recommend m00dawg's laser cut OtterX case. He has them on his storefront here: https://www.bitbybitsynths.com/shop/ott ... -cut-case/

This is one I had cut on special acrylic with a metallized foil on it. I have no idea where to get this stuff, and getting the foil removed took me two hours but the results are absolutely stunning.
IMG_20240118_202556134.jpg
IMG_20240118_202556134.jpg (2.2 MiB) Viewed 542 times