Pre-Order the Commander X16 Developer Edition now!

Announcements by the development team or forum staff.
reproduce

Re: Pre-Order the Commander X16 Developer Edition now!

Post by reproduce »

I've dipped my toes into pre-orders in the past, though typically not with independent sellers. It's natural to feel a tad jittery, especially concerning customer support, but having faith in David's operation certainly boosts my confidence.

And congrats on snagging the N-go Full! Sounds like you're on a mission to collect them all, like a true enthusiast. Here's to hoping both pre-orders pan out smoothly!
Edmond D

Post by Edmond D »

I got this in an email yesterday from TexElec. I understood when I ordered that the shipping date was subject to manufacturing timeframes, so a delay is fine for me. BTW I placed my ordered about a month ago.

Good to know that over 500 units have been sold so far!
Your pre-order release date has been changed. The new release date is March 31, 2024. Your order details are shown below for your reference.

Preorder Update:

When the Commander X16 Developer Edition first became available for pre-order in October of 2023, we were still working on the logistics of getting PCBs, parts, and all needed documentation over to our manufacturer. We weren’t given a firm time to complete the construction, so we picked February 29th of 2024 as our beginning ship date for the Commander X16. We suspected that they would start arriving before that date, and our plan was always to begin shipping as soon as possible.

Fortunately, we began receiving machines at the beginning of January of 2024 and started shipping around January 10th. To date, we have shipped 500 Commanders, which is approximately half of our pre-orders. We are still waiting for about a quarter of the machines to come back from manufacturing. The rest are being tested, completed, and shipped daily.

That said, we are moving the pre-order date forward to March 31st. This will not affect your shipment date; we are and have been shipping the pre-orders in the order received. You will soon be receiving an email confirming your payment and then your tracking number as we get them ready for shipment. We expect it to be around another 45 days to fulfil the remaining orders, we are striving to get them out as quickly as possible.

Thanks!
-The Commander X16 Team
DragWx

Post by DragWx »

Yeah, when I placed my pre-order, because I placed it so late, I was fully expecting a possibility where it'd take longer than Feb 29, so I'm not surprised and am still looking forward to it. :D