BitMagic Examples!

For posting library code and examples.
Yazwho

BitMagic Examples!

Post by Yazwho »

As BitMagic edges closer to an official release, I've started to put together an repository for examples on how BitMagic can aid your development cycle.

If you dont know, BitMagic is a template engine, compiler, debugger and emulator for the Commander X16. It's principally a VSCode extension and as such can be found and installed from the Extensions page within VSCode.

The Template Engine is a way of delivering 'macro' functionality using C#. Combined with the built in NuGet package manager capability means there is no functionality that cannot be delivered via a 'macro' library. The ability to link in Cc65 library files is delivered via 'macro' functionality which hopefully demonstrates the capabilities. NuGet packages and the Cc65 library import are both included in the examples. So please have a look to see if it is interesting!

The debugger integrates into VSCode like you would expect, giving the developer a modern tool-chain. Breakpoints, conditional breakpoints, logpoints, 'local variables', call stack view, RAM\VRAM\NVRAM display and editing, are amongst the debugging capabilities.

The emulator is a custom one so to the required debugging capabilities can be integrated. It is not complete, it misses a lot of the VERA functionality that has been added in the last few months, including the 'FX' extensions. Please see the BitMagic Issues to see what else is missing and what outstanding functionality is not yet included.

> BitMagic is however still in beta, so please consider that before using it for your projects. <

It is also only tested on Windows. It should work on Linux, I just can't test it properly as I dont have a Linux machine. If you have issues, please do file an issue on GitHub.

Additionally the documentation repo is out of date and needs an update. I'll get to that, honest!
locals.png
locals.png (124.98 KiB) Viewed 151 times