NATIVE PKUNZIP FOR X16.

Talk about your programs in progress. Discuss how to implement features, etc.
Forum rules
This section is for testing Commander X16 programs and programs related to the CX16 for other platforms (compilers, data conversion tools, etc.)

Feel free to post works in progress, test builds, prototypes, and tech demos.

Finished works go in the Downloads category. Don't forget to add a hashtag (#) and the version number your program was meant to run on. (ie: #R41).
ahenry3068

NATIVE PKUNZIP FOR X16.

Post by ahenry3068 »

I'VE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED WORKING ON THIS PROJECT. IT WAS GETTING VERY FRUSTRATING AND I'M STILL A NEOPHYTE AT 6502 ASSEMBLY. IF ANYONE WANTS TO TAKE OFF ON THIS I'M HAPPY TO RELATE WHAT I'VE LEARNED SO FAR. I MAY STILL COME BACK TO THIS AT SOME POINT SO THERE IT IS.

Ok I've been working on Porting UNZIP64 to the X16.

It still has some problems and I'm continuing work on it.

It is in a semi-usable state though. It will extract MOST zip files I create on Linux.
For some reason zip files I create on Windows it seems only the 1st file is extracted.

It will also uncompress .gzip files (though it DOES NOT untar them)

I expect that I won't be able to fix the Windows Zip file problem any time soon.
The Zip code is mostly a Black Box to me at the Moment. I've just been working
at converting the C64ism's to X16 code.

There are still many bugs in this port. Use with caution...

Original code comes from here: http://www.kludgesoft.com/c64/unzip64v2.html

The code assembles with 64tass. The same assembler Prog8 uses.

Attached archive includes

unzip.prg - The executable
unzip.s - the original C64 source
unzipx16.s - My updated source

AND HERE IT IS
pkunzip.zip
(26.81 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Last edited by ahenry3068 on Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
ahenry3068

Re: NATIVE PKUNZIP FOR X16.

Post by ahenry3068 »

I do not have any EGO wrapped up in this project, I wouldn't be upset in the least if a better assembly coder than I wanted to take lead on this port from me. I really think this program will become important when/if the plans for a Native BBS come into being.