Hello from Michigan

Come in and say hi. Let us know a little about you and where you heard about the Commander X16 or this forum.
oswaldt

Hello from Michigan

Post by oswaldt »

I got my x16 on Friday but had to go out of town but am back now. I ordered a x16 case but was a preorder so have not idea when that will arrive. I did order the x16 with an atx power supply but need to get a micro atx case. Should I bother or just wait for the Laser 3D case? I have a cat so don’t want to risk him walking on an bare board.

Thanks
Tyson
JimmyDansbo

Re: Hello from Michigan

Post by JimmyDansbo »

I have been running my CX16 bare-board for a couple of months now and have cats, dog and children.
It is quite sturdy :)
Visit my Github repo
or my personal site with CX16/C64/6502 related information.
Feel free to contact me regarding any of my projects or even about meeting up somewhere near Denmark
mortarm

Post by mortarm »

JimmyDansbo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm I have been running my CX16 bare-board for a couple of months now and have cats, dog and children.
It is quite sturdy :)
So, your saying that your pets and children have walked on your CX16.
JimmyDansbo

Post by JimmyDansbo »

Maybe a cat has, but I don't see why it would as it has plenty of chairs, sofas and beds to walk on and sleep in.

All I am saying is that I live in a house where there is plenty of animal hair and dust flying around and my cx16 is still working rock solid except for the time where i lifted a trace trying to replace the socket for the ROM
Visit my Github repo
or my personal site with CX16/C64/6502 related information.
Feel free to contact me regarding any of my projects or even about meeting up somewhere near Denmark
oswaldt

Post by oswaldt »

I ended up placing it a room that I leave closed but I need a power bank for it so am waiting for that.
Last edited by oswaldt on Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mortarm

Post by mortarm »

> I live in a house where there is plenty of animal hair and dust flying around...

I know the feeling. I, too, have a cat and even though he's a Domestic Short Hair, he's got more than enough to scatter around the house. I put a cover over my gear to keep it (relatively) fur free.

> I ended up placing it a room that I leave closed...

I got one of those, too. I'll probably do the same thing.
Last edited by mortarm on Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raven67854

Post by Raven67854 »

Welcome Oswaldt!
SysOp For Error200 Tech BBS
Telnet bbs.error200.tech Port 1337
Help Grow A X16 File Repository | Upload Your Apps Today!