AUDIO BOOK APP..VOLUME CONTROL

Talk about your programs in progress. Discuss how to implement features, etc.
Forum rules
This section is for testing Commander X16 programs and programs related to the CX16 for other platforms (compilers, data conversion tools, etc.)

Feel free to post works in progress, test builds, prototypes, and tech demos.

Finished works go in the Downloads category. Don't forget to add a hashtag (#) and the version number your program was meant to run on. (ie: #R41).
ahenry3068

AUDIO BOOK APP..VOLUME CONTROL

Post by ahenry3068 »

12 Apr 2024
Uploaded newest update to my Google Drive. This is getting much closer to final look and Feel. Dynamic Menus and loading new books not yet enabled, I do have a few of the building blocks in place. This is about a 550mb download and about 1.8gb unzipped.

Here is the Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TijX20 ... sp=sharing

I also uploaded this update to Raven's BBS

Changed unzipped size to 1.8 gb's. That previous 3gb figure was MY Books directory that also has two of the zips in it ;) :?

The bug was at the end of the book When playing the very last Audio files. I've got it fixed.

ADDENDUM: You should not download this if installing the ALICE Update from the BBS. The Error fixes are rolled in on that. This is still under development so It's not going to be smooth... This is ALPHA or at best Very Early BETA software.

Posting here the first iteration of Volume Control

Code state is ALPHA.

2 full Audio Books are included, Bram Stoker's DRACULA & Mary Shelley's FRANKENSTEIN, also included is the DARWIN Chapter I previously uploaded in DEMOSCENE. They are selectable via Menu.

Most of the core code is done. (The Frankenstein Book doesn't play the PREFACE. Thats on the FIX list)

MENU is just a Hard coded Place Holder to select the 3 books I have done. This is the part that needs most refinement. The finished app will have a dynamic Menu.

Book Controls are not on screen.

BOOK CONTROLS
F1 - Toggles Graphics/Text Display
SPACEBAR - Pauses / UnPauses
ESC - Exits book with Y/N confirmation.

Both Exit and Pause will wait for the Current Audio Buffer to finish playing.
(Audio Buffers are approx. 6 seconds long)

Auto book marking and resume is enabled. (This will be able to be toggled when the code is more refined).

Currently if you want to restart a book you have to let it play to end or go into it's directory and delete BOOK.MARK

I'm still waiting for permission to upload to the Forum. But Jimmy Dansbo has provided a CX16 share folder on the cloud.
VCONTROL_ALPHA1 is available at https://cloud.dansbo.dk/index.php/s/FPT ... ALPHA1.zip

Its also uploaded on Raven's BBS viewtopic.php?t=7321
Last edited by ahenry3068 on Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.
ahenry3068

AUDIO BOOK APP..VOLUME CONTROL BUG FIX

Post by ahenry3068 »

BUMP FOR BUG FIX.
Edmond D

Re: AUDIO BOOK APP..VOLUME CONTROL BUG FIX

Post by Edmond D »

ahenry3068 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:31 am BUMP FOR BUG FIX.
Are you asking for someone to hit you to get a bug fixed? :D
ahenry3068

Post by ahenry3068 »

Edmond D wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:01 am
e84617ef954c11c8ae1b0a7c115ce105.jpg
e84617ef954c11c8ae1b0a7c115ce105.jpg (48.23 KiB) Viewed 604 times
POSSIBLY :?
ahenry3068

ADDED ALICE IN WONDERLAND

Post by ahenry3068 »

Added Alice In Wonderland to my Audio Book app.

The files are to Large to Upload here. I have uploaded them to Commander X16 Audio books on Raven's BBS.
(find a link to information on the BBS in the top post here)

If you've already downloaded VCONTROL Main archive you only have to download the ALICE Update. Otherwise you must download both, VCONTROL should be unzipped first then the ALICE Update unzipped in the VCONTROL directory
ahenry3068

AUDIO BOOK APP. MENU PROTOTYPE.

Post by ahenry3068 »

NO Code for right now. Hopefully the Next Code Release will be something closer to what it I intend for the final in appearance. I still have a lot of work to do for Building the Menu's Dynamically but right now I'm working on Look and Feel.

I plan on this being a full fledged Audio Book Manager, Probably something that will live on it's own Large SD-Card. Part of the Package will be a Audio Book Import/Authoring program that will run in Windows or Linux (and Hopefully Macintosh, I'll need help cross compiling for that) and allow the End User to bring in their own Audio Books.

This is a REQUEST for Comment !.

PROTOTYPE OF LOOK AND FEEL I'M HEADING TOWARDS
BOOKS.png
BOOKS.png (8.73 KiB) Viewed 396 times
Edmond D

Post by Edmond D »

ahenry3068 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:12 pm
Edmond D wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:01 am

POSSIBLY :?
I believe I read in Code Complete (MS Press) that fixing a bug is more likely to introduce a bug than repair it. But at 900 pages I can't find the actual citation of the study done where this fact came from.

That being said, if a programmer could only read one book, that would be it.
ahenry3068

AUDIO BOOKS: NEW UPDATE

Post by ahenry3068 »

POSTED LATEST UPDATE ON FIRST POST
voidstar

Re: AUDIO BOOK APP..VOLUME CONTROL

Post by voidstar »

Neat stuff - can the audio start partially offset from the start?

What I mean is - can "bookmarks" be possible? so you can pause or resume from a point, like if you switch books.
ahenry3068

Re: AUDIO BOOK APP..VOLUME CONTROL

Post by ahenry3068 »

voidstar wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:20 am Neat stuff - can the audio start partially offset from the start?

What I mean is - can "bookmarks" be possible? so you can pause or resume from a point, like if you switch books.
If you've done the Big download https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TijX20 ... drive_link

I've already implemented "BookMarks" :) .

As a matter of fact I have it on by default. I have to add the option to restart the book to the menu. :)