Hello from Wilson, NC

Come in and say hi. Let us know a little about you and where you heard about the Commander X16 or this forum.
JohnH

Hello from Wilson, NC

Post by JohnH »

Hi everyone, I've been following and waiting for the Commander X16 since David's first video. It came in last week and did my first power on earlier today!

I never had a Commodore home computer but did have TI 94/a and loved it. Still remember typing in lines of basic code and then finally got a tape player along with a couple programs!

Looking forward to learning and tinkering with it!
voidstar

Re: Hello from Wilson, NC

Post by voidstar »

Welcome! It's got a bit of a learning curve, as there are quite a few differences from the prior Commodores: new set of DOS commands, "enhanced" video and audio. And a mouse!!
voidstar

Post by voidstar »

Welcome - I was bummed they had to ditch cassette port in the System ROM for the X16. But for adding new features, something had to give.

Technically support for it could be resurrected through the user port. It was so slow, it was neat trick to have the system run an intro or some code while loading in the rest of itself from tape.
Ed 1967

Post by Ed 1967 »

Hi in Wilson,

I am Ed from Kannapolis, NC. I just joined the group today and ordered my X16. I to started out on a TI994/A. What great memories. I hope to make some new great memories soon. I also ordered an Agon Light which uses BBC Basic. The Agon was designed so that the hardware can be hacked as well. I am looking forward to playing with both the Agon and X16 soon.