Hi from Clayton, NC

Come in and say hi. Let us know a little about you and where you heard about the Commander X16 or this forum.
steev

Hi from Clayton, NC

Post by steev »

I got may Commander X16 a few weeks ago. I've always wanted a Commodore 64 when I was growing up but instead my dad got us a ZX-80, a Timex 1000(ZX-81) and then an IBM PC 5150 instead. So as I've been tinkering around with this, I'm really feeling the old school computer goodness. And yet it's modern hardware!! I look forward to making some games with this in my spare time. I need to find a really good c compiler for this because I really don't want to deal with assembly code. I also need to find a good, small case for it too.
JimmyDansbo

Re: Hi from Clayton, NC

Post by JimmyDansbo »

Welcome.
I think most people who write in C for the Commander X16 are using cc65
https://cc65.github.io/

But there are also other c compilers that have seen a bit of traction, like kickc:
https://gitlab.com/camelot/kickc

Looking forward to seeing your upcoming projects.
Visit my Github repo
or my personal site with CX16/C64/6502 related information.
Feel free to contact me regarding any of my projects or even about meeting up somewhere near Denmark
BruceRMcF

Post by BruceRMcF »

If you don't want to program in assembly code, there's also Prog8 for cross-compiling, and VolksForth, for hosted development.
mortarm

Post by mortarm »

And of course you got BASIC, pre-installed.
Ed 1967

Post by Ed 1967 »

Hello in Clayton,

I am Ed in Kannapolis, NC. I ordered my X16 today. I started out on the TI994/A a very long time ago. I am looking forward to making some new memories with the X16. I also ordered the Agon Light. It is delivering today. I am looking forward to experiencing the joy from long ago with these retro styled toys.