DEV case upgrade kit notes

Chat about anything CX16 related that doesn't fit elsewhere
voidstar

DEV case upgrade kit notes

Post by voidstar »

Of the original ~109 DEV boards, I'm not sure how many of those also ordered Lazer3D cases. A couple early Lazer3D cases that I got were between number 31 and 41, and I think I ordered a bit late (not long before those pre-orders closed). So maybe only about half of the original DEV board users ordered cases?

Or, if you didn't get a DEV board at all, you could still order a Lazer3D case in anticipation of getting an X16 board eventually. But as it's turned out, some minor alternations to the case were made after what was available to those original DEV boards.

Attached is a comparison of what that "case upgrade kit" includes, but comparing the original back at the top, and the upgraded back at the bottom (and also the replacement side piece with the cartridge slot). Also, the "official board" (PR production) I don't think is available in black, so I'm very thankful they still offered the upgrade kit in black to accommodate the original case release options.
Attachments
IMG_7231_DEV_to_PR_Case.JPG
IMG_7231_DEV_to_PR_Case.JPG (4.34 MiB) Viewed 209 times
voidstar

Re: DEV case upgrade kit notes

Post by voidstar »

Also while speaking of case related things: for anyone making cases and including switches/buttons, here is a "tidy solution" for buttons in the corner. Long cables end up covering both the serial number and the I2C pins in that corner.
X16buttons.jpg
X16buttons.jpg (213.8 KiB) Viewed 135 times