Sapphire Eyes(YM2151+VERA)

Post your artwork, music, short films, etc. (Not for general YouTube/Twitch self-promotion.)
GTR3QQ

Sapphire Eyes(YM2151+VERA)

Post by GTR3QQ »

told you I should use PSG more😁

note to exporting ZSM.

Due to inaccuracy of the Furnace emulation of the VERA PCM volume, you should play with the PCM volume to lower it a bit to match the video.
Covered and mastered on Furnace v0.6.0,
Attachments
SE_R3.7z
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
ahenry3068

Re: Sapphire Eyes(YM2151+VERA)

Post by ahenry3068 »

GTR3QQ wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:17 am told you I should use PSG more😁

note to exporting ZSM.

Due to inaccuracy of the Furnace emulation of the VERA PCM volume, you should play with the PCM volume to lower it a bit to match the video.
Very cool. To bad it's a .85 mb ZSM. Sure wish we could count on that 2mb of Banked Ram .........
GTR3QQ

Post by GTR3QQ »

ahenry3068 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:00 am

note to exporting ZSM.

Very cool. To bad it's a .85 mb ZSM. Sure wish we could count on that 2mb of Banked Ram .........
If needed, could compress PCM even more at a cost.
But do note even without PCM, it's still wellover 400k, so I have little hope on playing with 512k, that is if anyone would use a 512k at all, could always buy 3 more RAM chip off anywhere cheapest, why wouldn't they hack it??
Maybe lose some channel as well? then it really won't sound right.

Stream ZSM and ADPCM could be a way, ADPCM uses so miniscule data with good enough quality, Creative ADPCM uses '2.6bit' only to get 8bit dynamic range, that's 40times compression! ESS ESPCM even use 2 or 1bit!
ADPCM is not 'complex' than say MPEG 1 Layer 3. Telecom companies did it back in the days of 80s with even more limited hardware than x16.
Most ZSM commands just sitting in RAM doing a 'sit in' protest.
But none research was done on that part.

so yeah, it's really best to get some more RAM chip and be done with it.
ahenry3068

Post by ahenry3068 »

GTR3QQ wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:11 am
ahenry3068 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:00 am

note to exporting ZSM.

If needed, could compress PCM even more at a cost.
But do note even without PCM, it's still wellover 400k, so I have little hope on playing with 512k, that is if anyone would use a 512k at all, could always buy 3 more RAM chip off anywhere cheapest, why wouldn't they hack it??
Maybe lose some channel as well? then it really won't sound right.

Stream ZSM and ADPCM could be a way, ADPCM uses so miniscule data with good enough quality, Creative ADPCM uses '2.6bit' only to get 8bit dynamic range, that's 40times compression! ESS ESPCM even use 2 or 1bit!
ADPCM is not 'complex' than say MPEG 1 Layer 3. Telecom companies did it back in the days of 80s with even more limited hardware than x16.
Most ZSM commands just sitting in RAM doing a 'sit in' protest.
But none research was done on that part.

so yeah, it's really best to get some more RAM chip and be done with it.

I agree. and both my Machines have 2mb each. I'm thinking from the viewpoint of a developer who might want to use it as a track in a game ..
mortarm

Post by mortarm »

Just as back in the day, there was software that required more than the standard RAM size, there's no reason that shouldn't exist now. You wanna run with the big dogs, then you need more byte.
kelli217

Post by kelli217 »

mortarm wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:09 pm Just as back in the day, there was software that required more than the standard RAM size, there's no reason that shouldn't exist now. You wanna run with the big dogs, then you need more byte.
This may or may not be possible with console systems. David has said that it's probably a good idea to target games at a 512K max memory size if you plan for them to be playable on the console version of the system.
mgkaiser

Post by mgkaiser »

You should RUN under 512k, but you can offer additional features that require more. Like include higher and lower quality sound/music/graphics....