Atari2SNES

Get help from the community & developers with the X16 hardware if you can't find the solution elsewhere
JimmyDansbo

Hardware Atari2SNES

Post by JimmyDansbo »

I have never really gotten used to these modern SNES controllers so I created an Atari to SNES adapter.

Now muscle memory helps me out when playing all those cool games on the Commander X16.
setup01.jpg
setup01.jpg (842.04 KiB) Viewed 279 times
board01.jpg
board01.jpg (514.86 KiB) Viewed 279 times
Visit my Github repo
or my personal site with CX16/C64/6502 related information.
Feel free to contact me regarding any of my projects or even about meeting up somewhere near Denmark
mortarm

Re: Atari2SNES

Post by mortarm »

If you turned that into a finished product, I be first to buy one.
JimmyDansbo

Post by JimmyDansbo »

I have actually just redesigned the PCB to make it a lot smaller. I was thinking about adding PCB mounted plugs for both the DB9 and the SNES controller. The issue is that if I add normal PCB mounted SNES connectors, I would need a cable with the same type of plug in both ends and I can not find that.
I could create my own, but I think in the end, it will be easier and cheaper to just solder the wire for the SNES connector and add the PCB mounted DB9.

I will update when I have the new PCB up and running.
Visit my Github repo
Feel free to contact me regarding any of my projects or even about meeting up somewhere near Denmark
kelli217

Post by kelli217 »

JimmyDansbo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:19 am I have actually just redesigned the PCB to make it a lot smaller. I was thinking about adding PCB mounted plugs for both the DB9 and the SNES controller. The issue is that if I add normal PCB mounted SNES connectors, I would need a cable with the same type of plug in both ends and I can not find that.
I could create my own, but I think in the end, it will be easier and cheaper to just solder the wire for the SNES connector and add the PCB mounted DB9.

I will update when I have the new PCB up and running.
I'm guessing this only works with games that don't use more than the directional pad and one action button...
JimmyDansbo

Post by JimmyDansbo »

kelli217 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 am I'm guessing this only works with games that don't use more than the directional pad and one action button...
That is correct.
It works with Super Mario Brothers because I am able to map the ATARI UP to the SNES B while having the trigger/action map to Y
Visit my Github repo
mortarm

Post by mortarm »

JimmyDansbo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:19 am I would need a cable with the same type of plug in both ends and I can not find that.
Just a thought: If the plugs are the only issue, perhaps you could out-source that to someone who could 3D print them. Check Thingiverse.com, they have all kinds of components available. Never know.