zweifeld(VERA)

Post your artwork, music, short films, etc. (Not for general YouTube/Twitch self-promotion.)
GTR3QQ

zweifeld(VERA)

Post by GTR3QQ »

;) you tired of PSG yet?

this week was ment to be YM2151+VERA, but there was a leak😂..
so oh well.

I'm down with re belt sis -Shango066

Headsets is suggested.

This is a cover of :
https://modarchive.org/module.php?179048

CX16 on PS2??

Look what I found!

P S 2!
Piano Fall!
Then this plays!

Very unexpected, since most other homebrew software are mute.
It was too loud, got me jumped.
Guess other games were quiet.
Had to rush finding the remote for the TV to turn it down before mama gives a good spank.
It produces great thumping sub-100hz bass through 29" CRT speakers that you can feel in your chest.
C64 PWM arplead sounds soo cool, despise the sample is only at 8000hz. In this case, the aliasing had become a part of the song.
I did pick up the 'her' feeling, being a estrayk track, but not took too much attention.
At the time I thought all the crack tro sounds the same, only later found out most of them I heard were done by the same guy.
They're the real artists.
Examples would be this, and the PS2 mutiboot, and many crk, kg that bears his work.
Would not go in the similarities with 'her', you should check them out to see what I mean.

How fitting it would be to play this on CX16, I think, with its C64 pedigree.
Indeed, most options expected on C64 can be done CX16 without hindrance.
(filters!!!! me me wannn filties!)
There's a snag tho.
On Amiga, the hard panned left right isn't really "hard panned", it's more like 192 and 64 panning.
My guess is it improves the mono compatibility by making the hard pans less hard.
And less hard pans on headphones works even better!
So, the odd channels on VERA PSG are there playing very quietly on opposite channel for Amiga panning emulation.
Bit wasteful, but welp, if it sounds good.
Instruments don't have defined A and D phase, straight to R (D2) phase by using the fast volume slide down command.
I kept this behaviour, since the commands reach VERA would be the same anyway regardless of if done in instrument or effect.
Kick sample is very saturated. but if it sounds good.... It also counts as the body bass so one more reason to leave it as is.
...I don't want to talk about PSG 6 7. It's the cost of consistency. Just to let the sweet sweet phasing effect going a bit longer.
Some notes in phase with the PWM is emphasized. Neat design.

Boring Time!

Get to play with Mobo4 and many homebrews when PS2 was a thing.
This player is in one of the PS2 software completions disc.
Don't really use it much, if at all...
Every time I launch it for only one reason, to listen to the BGM it came with.

The PS2 days for me is GTA, GTA2, GTA:L. GTA3, GTA:VC, GTA:LC/VCS, and GTA:SA.......
Other games? I don't remember what they're.
Apart from,
SH. GoW.
One gives me nightmares, one gives me daymares.
Moto GP '04 Mountain bikes.

This was a time when consoles can do much better at game, it even came with a DVD play back capability whist... DVD? on P3??? with TNT2????
You'll need MPEG-2 cards or later GFX cards.

What's your days on PS2? Leave it in the comments below.

note:

If you're having trouble playback on real hardware do let me know, there's some issues on EMU R47 that I'm not sure if there's some bug with ZSMkit or the EMU or the samples.

Hope you enjoy it.

The cover is licenced under CC-BY-SA 4.0
Free to use more.

estrayk/paradox 2003?
GTR3QQ 2024
Attachments
zweifeld.7z
(26.47 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Last edited by GTR3QQ on Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kelli217

Re: zweifeld(VERA)

Post by kelli217 »

Video shows up as private-only here...
GTR3QQ

Post by GTR3QQ »

kelli217 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:49 pm Video shows up as private-only here...
😊thanks for the note!
Yeah, the video is on a release schedule....😂 I hate YT when you don't release on Saturday it gives you no views.

But, you could download the files in discord hashtag music, the music is also in hashtag help-wanted which I think you've already watched
kelli217

Post by kelli217 »

Oh, is that the one that I reacted 🎶 to? Yeah, that's a good one.
GTR3QQ

Post by GTR3QQ »

kelli217 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:10 am Oh, is that the one that I reacted 🎶 to? Yeah, that's a good one.

cheers. :D