Melodius (MIDI and ZSM player) - requires R44 or later

MooingLemur

Re: Melodius (MIDI and ZSM player) - requires R44 or later

Post by MooingLemur »

Updated 2023-10-22, lots of little bugfixes and some quality of life improvements.

Space bar pauses and unpauses. Tab advances to the next song (random song if Shuffle mode) The right arrow key will warp the file browser cursor to the currently playing song, if applicable.

The VIA1 timer option makes only a subtle difference in playback. It mainly exists for game developers to be able to hear how a song behaves with each type of timer, particularly for tunes that are not 60 Hz. The default is for it to use the VIA timer whenever the ZSM tick rate is not 60 Hz, otherwise it uses VSYNC as the timing source. The drawback with VSYNC is that it's not exactly 60 Hz, and varies depending on whether you're in VGA or in one of the interlaced modes (NTSC, RGB), but for games it's useful because it's predictable and always lands in the same place in the frame. The advantage of the VIA1 timer is that it's more accurate when compared to wall clock time, and that it is able to play songs at rates other than 60 Hz without quantizing all of the events to 60 Hz, but the disadvantage is mainly that it can trigger an interrupt in the middle of the frame, which for some games can be disruptive to game or timing-sensitive display logic.
voidstar

Post by voidstar »

The space bar feature is great :D TY

Also - pressing STOP cleanly returns you back to the system. Slick!
knowwonnose

Post by knowwonnose »

I would love to try this app out but it currently just crashes and shows the monitor app. I am on the R47 system.
ahenry3068

Post by ahenry3068 »

knowwonnose wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:23 pm I would love to try this app out but it currently just crashes and shows the monitor app. I am on the R47 system.
Where did you get your copy. Runs fine here emulator and hardware.
knowwonnose

Post by knowwonnose »

Sorry slow to get back on here. It was on the SD card that came with my X16 board.
ahenry3068

Post by ahenry3068 »

knowwonnose wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:41 am Sorry slow to get back on here. It was on the SD card that came with my X16 board.
Did you try to download the version on this thread. It may be and probably is more recent ?