Assembly compiler & IDE project

Tutorials and help articles.

Articles will be approved by our staff before posting. This is to ensure that the community gets the highest quality possible content.
pshdev

File Download Assembly compiler & IDE project

Post by pshdev »

Just wanted to share a link to a project I've been working on in my spare time. I was interested in writing a 65C02 assembly compiler with modern syntax influences taken from Java and C++, with inline Java/Groovy code support, built in VERA commands and some handy Huffman compressor/decompressor functions for general byte files and VERA tile, sprite, and map data upload. The repo is here https://github.com/pshdev0/assembly-sub-compiler and I'm working on an IDE with graphics editor for desktop to accompany it - will make that available when ready.
Last edited by pshdev on Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yazwho

Assembly compiler & IDE project

Post by Yazwho »

Looks good.

>There's a 65(C)02 Assembly Sub Compiler I wrote from scratch with syntax influences from Assembly/Java/C++, with inline Java/Groovy code support

I'm doing something similar, but with c# as java just leads to the dark side... ?

pshdev

Re: Assembly compiler & IDE project

Post by pshdev »

Well I also program in C++, Kotlin, Swift, JavaScript, and assembly, so if that's the dark side then yes I guess so :lol: I must admit I've not tried C# before. What do you like about C# over other languages?

And how did your C# project turn out, or is it still wip like mine 8-) ?
Yazwho

Post by Yazwho »

And how did your C# project turn out, or is it still wip like mine 8-) ?
Still going!

All of the four parts -- The Emulator, Debugger, Compiler and Template Engine -- are near or surpass their MVC. So really rather close, just a few little wrinkles to iron out.

https://github.com/Yazwh0/BitMagic
pcman902

Post by pcman902 »

an interesting project
does it work with the x16 emulator so it can be tested and improve workflow