Who is going to watch Star Trek: Strange New Worlds?

Talk about anything not remotely related to retrocomputing here!
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

Scott Robison

Post by Scott Robison »

Me! Me!

hardrockhero

Post by hardrockhero »

I definitely am !!!!!!!

AndyMt

Post by AndyMt »

Sure I will ?! The show has all the ingredients for 'proper' Star Trek. Hope they don't ruin it.

Edmond D

Post by Edmond D »

I'm still working thought TNG thanks to Netflix (on the last season!) It seems so "retro" now that I'm watching Discovery, since my preference is for a season long story. I prefer that to the somewhat stand alone episodes where the plot line follows the same arc timing every episode with only the planet and aliens changing each show.  I've kinda dabbled in Picard clips (thanks Youtube), but alternate universe time travel conspiracy theory really seems to be an amalgamation just of too many things. 

The video trailer above seems to be a good collection of special effects/CGI of the ship just flying about, rather than the human element and interaction that really drives any story.

Another Star Trek sounds  nice, perhaps I'll get to it when I'm in a retirement home. 

Strider

Post by Strider »

I watch all Star Trek, been a fan since watching the original series in reruns with my dad, great memories.

I have really enjoyed all the Trek shows and films over the years. Though I will admit Discovery is my least favorite of the lot. I do like Picard, but that's becasue it's TNG based, I love Patrick Stewart, and they just brought back John de Lancie! Q was one of my favorite recurring characters!

Heck, I even love it when shows and film pay tribute to Trek like Galaxy Quest and The Orville. ?

A classic geek & family man who enjoys all things retro! Computers, hardware, games, electronics, etc. Expert at nothing, professional hobbyist, and old-school blogger!
AndyMt

Post by AndyMt »

Oh no... Turns out the show will run on Paramount+ only, which isn't available in Switzerland ?. And I don't want to subscribe to another streaming service anyway. So I won't watch it until it might appear in free TV in a few years...

kelli217

Post by kelli217 »

Usually they have alternative services available for international viewing. Keep checking. When Discovery was on CBS All Access at first, this service was also unavailable in other countries than the US. But the show was made available on Netflix in those places.

TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

Non-spoiler hot take: I loved it. 

Once people have had a chance to watch it, I'll post a more thorough writeup of my thoughts. 

AndyMt

Post by AndyMt »

On 5/1/2022 at 6:57 PM, kelli217 said:

Usually they have alternative services available for international viewing.

Not this time for Switzerland. They've pulled all Star Trek content from Netflix just the day before Discovery started. We could then watch that on PlutoTV at fixed times. This doesn't happen this time. We either have to wait until Paramount+ gets going here in autumn, wait for free TV or resort to 'other sources'...