The A500 Mini

This is where we discuss our modern PCs, Raspberry Pis, Macs, and smart-whatevers.
Scott Robison

The A500 Mini

Post by Scott Robison »

When they first announced The A500 Mini my reaction was basically "I don't care! I never owned an Amiga (even though I really wanted one) and based on history it'll be impossible to get in the US anyway."

Then when I saw it introduced on The 8 Bit Guy & Retro Recipes I decided to get one.

Sour grapes? FOMO? Maybe a little of both.

In any case, it arrived today. Younger me is envious.

283186638_PXL_20220602_2257173522.thumb.jpg.cb43061f97e726dfe7ce7044a994944d.jpg

Strider

The A500 Mini

Post by Strider »

I admit, I liked my C64 Mini, purely for the "Nostalgic" look and feel of it. I will likely pick up one of these as well, after prices drop like the did on the C64 Mini once the "Maxi" was released. I assume the same thing will likely happen to the A500 Mini.

I know they're basically just cases for emulators, but darn it if I don't like them! lol

A classic geek & family man who enjoys all things retro! Computers, hardware, games, electronics, etc. Expert at nothing, professional hobbyist, and old-school blogger!
Scott Robison

The A500 Mini

Post by Scott Robison »

On 6/2/2022 at 5:45 PM, Strider said:

I admit, I liked my C64 Mini, purely for the "Nostalgic" look and feel of it. I will likely pick up one of these as well, after prices drop like the did on the C64 Mini once the "Maxi" was released. I assume the same thing will likely happen to the A500 Mini.

I know they're basically just cases for emulators, but darn it if I don't like them! lol

Exactly. I was excited to get The C64 Mini, and I wanted the Maxi enough to order it from the UK since I couldn't find it state side. As I said, I don't have as much nostalgia for Amiga, other than the nostalgia of drooling over ads in magazines. But I decided to go for it after all. It is an emulator with two USB controllers I can use elsewhere, and it comes in its own bit of "sculptured art" reproduction case. And I apparently have more money than sense. ?

TomXP411

The A500 Mini

Post by TomXP411 »

I'm interested to see how you like it after using it for a few days. Definitely let us know how it goes for you after some time on the system. 

Scott Robison

The A500 Mini

Post by Scott Robison »

On 6/3/2022 at 10:32 AM, TomXP411 said:

I'm interested to see how you like it after using it for a few days. Definitely let us know how it goes for you after some time on the system. 

I'm going to try to put in some time on it this weekend. The biggest flaw with any feedback I provide will be my lack of context from having never used an Amiga 35 to 40 years ago and crap am I feeling old. ?