Gen-2 / Phase-2 / X16C plans

Announcements by the development team or forum staff.
grml

Re: Gen-2 / Phase-2 / X16C plans

Post by grml »

TomXP411 wrote:
> [quote="Java Cake Games" post_id=26486 time=1679888758
> user_id=3688]
> (why is BBCode off in this board?)
> [/quote]
>
> BBCode is not off... did you check the "Disable BBCode" box when
> you posted your message?

BBCode is off for everyone but you (edit: everyone but mods? in the Announcement board) it seems and there is no way for a user to enable it. I have mentioned this before, and it's also quite obvious when you look at any reply.
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

BBCode is off for everyone but you (edit: everyone but mods? in the Announcement board) it seems and there is no way for a user to enable it. I have mentioned this before, and it's also quite obvious when you look at any reply.
Ah, sorry about that. It wasn't clear you were just talking about just this subforum. The per-forum permissions are in a completely different place than the per-user and per-group permissions. (Honestly, phpBBs admin page is kind of a a mess.)

When creating a "restricted" sub like this, phpBB defaults to "no permissions", which includes BBCode. I turned that on, so it should now be enabled for Registered Users.
EyeballKid

Post by EyeballKid »

Proposed Gen-4 CX16:

JAMMA-edition CX16. Plonk one into your JAMMA cabinet for all that CX16 arcade-y goodness!
Even if it's just a JAMMA adaptor for the Gen-2 or 3 hardware, that'd be rather cool.

(I'm about 30% joking - the more I think about it, the more it's something I want to see!).
BlahDehBlah

Post by BlahDehBlah »

svenvandevelde wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:01 am Will the gen2 have 4 extention ports like the gen1?
If I remember correctly the current plan is to only have 1 to act as a cartridge port.
BruceRMcF

Post by BruceRMcF »

BlahDehBlah wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:45 pm
svenvandevelde wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:01 am Will the gen2 have 4 extention ports like the gen1?
If I remember correctly the current plan is to only have 1 to act as a cartridge port.
That part has been fairly consistent since back when the "Gen 2" was first announced.

The design of the port does allow for port expanders to be added, so while the X16 console would be oriented toward playing games from either the SD card or a cartridge, it wouldn't be locked down.

If you wanted to use the port as an expansion port rather than as a cartridge port, you might want to find a way to put the expansion card in a cartridge ... and if you wanted one or more expansion ports plus a cartridge port, you'd need a "cartridge plus port extender" cartridge.