IP Socket, Wireless support.

Get help from the community & developers with the X16 hardware if you can't find the solution elsewhere
TomXP411

Re: IP Socket, Wireless support.

Post by TomXP411 »

ahenry3068 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:29 am Do you plan on working on both sides of the interface (Server and Client) ?
At least a first, yes. I expect some other people will want to help, but this is all still hypothetical until I do some design work.
ahenry3068

Post by ahenry3068 »

I was actually considering that. I would probably start by just generating the lowest denominator
(In this case PETSCII and then writing a filter/filters to translate as necessary. )
ahenry3068

Post by ahenry3068 »

Let me know... I would be interested in participating.

I'm very Rusty and have only been playing with BASIC here.

If your interested in what I'm actually capable of search GOOGLE
for POWUTILS. It was/is a functional CGI (Common Gateway Interface)
set of Libraries for the Free Pascal Compiler.

HISTORY:
POWUTILS predates my participation in it.

I was doing a home project to set up a Music Player connected simultaneously to a Home Network and the
Home Entertainment system. It was set up to let the homeowner control their music from a Web Browser.
(actually optimized the interface for the Web Browser on the Play Station Portable...lol. First portable
WIFI device that I know of that actually had a web browser (couple years before the Iphone)).

I initially did the MusicBox project completely Solo. I ended up reinventing a lot of wheels and pretty
much implemented 70 to 80 % of CGI while creating the project.

The initial developers of the POWUTIL libraries saw my code on Sourceforge and I guess it was
better than some of theirs. :) They recruited me via E-mail....

I worked on that project for just short of 2 years before life got in the way...

I've never really coded in C much.......... But I can read C and I've translated
a lot of C code to Pascal and Basic...... I guess I could write in C if necessary :( :( roflmao
encw

Post by encw »

Perhaps consider using gopher as the protocol. The gopher ecosystem doesn't use encryption algorithms and has quite a bit of content.