News RE Batch 2 of Dev boards

Announcements by the development team or forum staff.
TomXP411

News RE Batch 2 of Dev boards

Post by TomXP411 »

We have a couple of news items from David about the second batch of Dev boards.

Now that the first 100 have been sold, he's looking toward future production. His original plan was to build and sell 250 boards at a time, but he ran into a surprise source of funding this weekend at VCF. Here it is in David's words:
Just wanted to update everyone on what happened this weekend. I ran into Amir Husain at VCF. I've actually known him for years, I've been to his house, etc. So he's not some stranger. Anyway, I was showing him the X16 and told him about the production issues and such. He asked why I was only going to do 250 units per production run, and I told him that is all we had the money for. So he just immediately offered to loan us as much money as we needed to do 1,000 units. It's basically just an interest-free, collateral-free loan. The money appeared in the X16 bank account this morning. Obviously, we have to pay the money back after we sell the next batch of units. But this does give us an enormous advantage when it comes to economy of scale. We will get lower prices, and we'll be able to fill demand faster than trying to do 250 at a time. After we complete the 1,000 units, he is also willing to help us finance the 2nd gen game console we want to make.
NickMilner

Re: News RE Batch 2 of Dev boards

Post by NickMilner »

Good stuff! Thanks Amir!
ahenry3068

Post by ahenry3068 »

I've got a coworker who is also a nostalgia nerd. But he is in to the Old CB-Radio scene...

I'm trying to talk him into also joining me on the 8-bit computer scene... (We have interesting
convos)
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Where are these being sold? I didn't recognise the website on David's latest video. The system looks great, would love to try it out.
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

[email protected] wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:34 pm Where are these being sold? I didn't recognise the website on David's latest video. The system looks great, would love to try it out.
Kevin Williams of Texelec designed and sold the boards. The link is on our home page, as well:

https://texelec.com/product/cx16-devboard-bundle/

If there's any change in the address for the second run, we'll be sure to post that here.
free_stone

Post by free_stone »

When will x16 be available in China? Looking forward to it! Don't forget, there are a group of 6502 computer enthusiasts in China, and they are also fans of David.