Contributing to X16 BASIC ROM

If you have feature requests, this is the place to post them. Please note your idea may already be something we have already discussed and decided against, or something we are working on privately, and we cannot be held responsible for any similarities in such instance. Whilst we cannot respond to every suggestion, your idea will be read and responded to where possible. Thank you for your input!
adamrmoss

General - CX16 Contributing to X16 BASIC ROM

Post by adamrmoss »

I'm interested in contributing to the X16 project, especially to add functionality to X16 BASIC environment. I'm hoping to add features to achieve greater parity with MS BASIC. I'm writing a book on BASIC programming with the X16, and missing the MOD operator and the CIRCLE command makes it more difficult (looks like there has been KERNAL support added for CIRCLE already?)

Is there a roadmap for BASIC features? I've cloned https://github.com/commanderx16/x16-rom, and I love to contribute some pull requests if I can finish some features that will align with said roadmap.

Thanks,
- Adam
- Adam
Stefan

Re: Contributing to X16 BASIC ROM

Post by Stefan »

Hi,

I’m not aware of a roadmap for further development of BASIC.

I recommend that you join the Discord server where new features can be discussed:

https://discord.gg/nS2PqEC

The Github repo you cloned is no longer in active development. You should use this:

https://github.com/X16Community/x16-rom
pzembrod

Post by pzembrod »

Thank you, Stefan, for both the Discord channel and the new github repo; I wasn't aware of either of them.

Side question: Is there a way of mark/link users in BBCode? @Stefan doesn't seem to work ...
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

pzembrod wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:01 pm Thank you, Stefan, for both the Discord channel and the new github repo; I wasn't aware of either of them.

Side question: Is there a way of mark/link users in BBCode? @Stefan doesn't seem to work ...
If you quote someone (click the quote symbol in the upper-right corner of a post), the system will send them a notification system that they have been quoted in a reply.

There's not a free-form tagging system, like Twitter or Facebook, but the quote system seems to do a good enough job.
pzembrod

Post by pzembrod »

TomXP411 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:48 pm If you quote someone (click the quote symbol in the upper-right corner of a post), the system will send them a notification system that they have been quoted in a reply.

There's not a free-form tagging system, like Twitter or Facebook, but the quote system seems to do a good enough job.
Ah, great, thanks! Good to know.